37: The Trip

My love, why don't you escape to the most serene of places?' - 'You are the serene place I want to be.'

We were all packed and ready to go. Where were we going to? Seema decided to go to Pakistan where there are these beautiful places called Baltistan, Skardu, and Hunza. She wanted to be in nearly every place the tourist explained over the phone and so she had booked us three rooms along with the perfect package of a vacation to have in just one month. I couldn't believe it. We were going to Pakistan in the Northern areas and for a Month! Musa was already frowning at that, he wasn't sure he wanted to leave Miriam to it but he and I both had to leap also trusting our management. It was just a month, hopefully, nothing would go wrong. Our staff supervisor of the mansion stood before me with wide, excited eyes.

"Don't worry my child, I will take care of the house like I have been doing all these years. You just go and have a blessed wedding with your family." She smiled before scurrying away to the kitchen where I knew she would be ordering the staff to be more on ears than before.

"Oh, My God!" Seema gushed entering the living room. Our drivers were busy putting a few stuff we had packed, Musa insisted on buying whatever we needed when we reached Islamabad. He had a friend and a business associate there who offered to be with them as long as they needed him. He told Pakistan, as Beautiful as it is, is full of dangers. Musa agreed instantly and told Badar, the person he knew to bring his wife and kids too.

"Stay safe you lots and when your back, I want more joy to fill this house," Hoor said to the staff smiling slightly. The old woman gave a mischievous grin to me instead.

"I should say that to you." At first, I did not understand what she meant by that, but soon when it dawned on me I blushed furiously making Musa smirk arrogantly.

"Come let's go." He pulled me by taking my hand as he carried our girl in the other. Seema was outside by now hugging the lights out of Miriam.

"Don't get any funny ideas, husband," I muttered pulling onto his large one grabbing his attention.

"Now why would I, wife." He grinned, his eyes lighting up at my skeptical frown. Chuckling he tucked me by his side, "I have other plans." He whispered making my body tremble slightly, small tingles shot out causing me to glare at the man before me.

"You will never behave." I hissed feeling my cheeks burn as he laughed at my embarrassment. Ignoring his heated gaze, I smiled warmly at Miriam.

"Stay safe, we will be in contact." Musa let go of my hand putting it on his sister's head. Leaving a small kiss on the crown of her head, he gave her a stern look--a message being passed between the two siblings.

"Stop worrying. Have fun for once." She replied turning her attention on me. By now, everyone circled the car leaving me and Miriam to our goodbye.

"I hope we get to spend more time together, it was nice to have a sister, and I never had. And please have fun, it's time you relax a little." Miriam squeezed my hands, her eyes large and green as her brothers smiled at me warmly.

Shaking my head, I grasped her shoulders into my small hands and hugged her making sure not to disturb the bump between us. Praying silently, the pregnant woman was fine. "I'll be back. I have some duties as an Aunt." I winked making her face break into a wild smile.

"Come on, Hoor," Abdullah yelled from the car. Giving Miriam one last look, I hopped into the car seeing Zahra on Seema's lap beside Musa and Abdullah upfront next to the driver. Squishing my husband in the middle we waved at the pregnant woman before hitting the road towards the airport. A surge of excitement filled me as I gazed out of the window. I will be having my first trip with my family, as if knowing what I was thinking about, Musa interlinked our hands together without glancing at me he pecked my hand and kept our hands that way.