Mission Failed

Daniels POV

I'm not going home. My mom would kill me.............Not that that's such a bad thing. That's what Alexia wants. She wants me to die. Devin wants me to die. I want to die. I should just end it now. It'll be better for everyone.

I pull over in the parking lot of this big park. I just start to walk until I find a bench away from everything and just cry.
I think about how I yelled at Alexia in school, and how she shot back. She's fearless. That's what I love about her.

But that changed. I made her scared. I did that. Then I hurt her. I hurt her bad. She passed out and I left a bruise. Then I scarred her. I violated her comfort zone. I forced myself on her. Now she hates me. But it's ok. I deserve it. I don't deserve to be here anymore. I keep hurting people. I'm making things worse.

Alexia's POV

Something doesn't feel right. I have to look for Daniel.
I enter the school building and go to Devins locker. I know his combination and he knows mine. I look in his jacket and get his keys. I have my license just not a car.
I run out the building and to Devins car. I start it and pull out of the school.

I look around as I drive and I spot Daniels car, I park beside it and I notice I'm at a park. I start to look around and I see a figure all the way down the parks trail. I start to walk in that direction.
I come closer and see it's Daniel but he's balling his eyes out. I start to worry and run to him.
I sit next to him on the bench and notice that he's breathing heavy and shaking. He's having a panic attack. I lay him down to where he is facing the sky and his head is laying on my lap.

"It's ok, it's ok." I whisper to Daniel. He stops shaking but continues to breath heavy. After a few minutes, he sat up. I stand up and he stands up too. I then pull him in for a hug. Because when someone hugs me, I always calm down. He hugged me back, and slowly his heartbeat slowed down, along with his breathing.

When I let go I look into his eyes and see sadness.
"What's wrong?" I ask him
"I've done nothing but hurt you, but yet you still help me. Why?" He asked me.
"Because, I love you. I did before, and I do now. I know that you hurt me, but the past is the past. I know you'll never hurt me again." I say to him smiling.
"I won't" he says. He smiles and gives me a hug. I haven't seen that smile in forever. It feels good to see it again.
We head back to school, but by now it's over. I can just feel the argument me and Devin are about to get in.
I put the car back in it's original parking space and Daniel parks beside me. I get out and see Devin running towards me.
"Here goes nothing" I whisper to Daniel. He just laughs. Devin comes up to me about to say something.

"I can explain" I say fast
"You took my car!" He snapped
"I know" I say looking down.
"Why?" He asks aggravated.
"Because I went to look for Daniel." I said looking at Daniel then back at Devin.
"He couldn't have waited?" He asks me. I was took back by that a little.
"No something was actually wrong" I tell him
"What? He tried to kill himself again?" Devin asks in a rude obnoxious way.
"Devin!" I yell.
"You know what, maybe you should" Devin says turning towards Daniel. "We would all feel a lot better if you did." He added
"What the HELL is wrong with you?!!!" I yell at Devin. He looks at me with a mad face.
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" He yells back. "Didn't he like just force himself in you 3 days ago? Or did you catch amnesia too?" Devin asks.
I'm shook. What happened to him? He was so nice an hour ago.
"I don't know what's wrong or what happened to you. But when you find my sweet, loving, and handsome boyfriend, tell him I'm looking for him." I say getting into Daniels truck.
I watch as Devin gets into his truck and speeds off.
Daniel gets in the driver side and starts the engine.
"Wait! Where's Jonah?" I ask him.
He shrugs his shoulders. I get out and spot him talking to a girl. I laugh and shake my head.
"LOVER BOY" i yell. He turns to where the sound came from and searched until his eyes meet mine. He smiles and I wave for him to come on. He says goodbye to the girl and runs to us.
"I thought you left me." He says getting in the back.
"I almost did." I say chuckling. We then go to our houses.
I thank Daniel for the ride and he thanks me for earlier. I go in my house and get ready to take a nap.
I get in my bed, and almost fall asleep, until my phone buzzes.

Devie Bear 🙈💖: The bet is off. I love her too much just to hurt her.

What is this? He made a bet about me. Wow. How low can this kid go.
That evening I went to bed early, I'm surprised I didn't cry. But let me not speak too soon.