Watch out!

Devins POV

I got so mad when she called me a dickface; but I wasn't mad at her. I was mad at myself for letting it go this far. I should have said no in the first place.
I watched as she walked down the street. I noticed she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and she was on her phone. I truck zoomed pass me and was heading in her direction, I looked back to where Alexia was and she wasn't on her phone anymore, but she was stepping out into the road.

"ALEXIA WATCH OUT!" I yell as loud as I can. She turned to me and I was running towards her. She looked back and the driver laid on his horn super loud. She looked at the truck and ran the opposite way. Then I heard a loud thump.
No!

I ran to where the truck is and the driver is getting out. I look around and I see her face down on the pavement.
I run to her and drop beside her.
I turn her over gently, and her eyes and open. I check her pulse and I felt a heartbeat. I pulled out my phone and called 911.
"Alexia the ambulance is coming, stay with me." I say holding her head towards me. She doesn't do anything, she doesn't even blink.
"Alexia" I call out to her shaking her a little. Again she doesn't do anything.
Her eyes slowly start to close. I panicked.
"No no no! Alexia stay with me! Come on I know you can." I say shaking her.
The second her eyes close, my heart breaks. I start crying.
"No baby no" I cry holding her in my arms.
By now the ambulance is here. They loaded her up and rushed to the hospital.

I feel so numb. What's gonna happen to her? I can't even move. I need to go tell Mama Rissa. I need to go to the hospital. I need to see her. I gotta see her.
I get up and run all the way to Mama Rissa's house.

Jonah's POV
I'm sitting in the couch and I notice that Alexia hasn't come back.
I text her and she texts back immediately.
I was getting bored because Alexia isn't back yet so I decide to go look for her and walk with her.
I open the front door to see Devin. I immediately get mad. Then I see blood all over his shirt.
"What happened?" I ask him
"It's Alexia, s-she got into a -ac-ident." He stutters crying.
"Where is She?" I ask frantically.
"The ambulance just came. She is heading to the hospital." He tells me.
"Well lets go." I say. Devin tells Mama Rissa what happened while we are on our way to the hospital , and I listen very closely.
"She was looking at her phone before she walked into the road." He says
My heart sinks.
I was texting her. That's why she was looking at her phone.
I caused this.
"Jonah were here." Devin says getting out of the car.
We all get out and run into the hospital.
"I'm here for Alexia Minterio." Mama Rissa says to the lady.
"Are y'all family?" She asks
We all nod even though me and Devin aren't.
"Room 421" She says and we go to the elevators. We reach the forth floor and we see Alexia's room.
We go up and see a doctor coming out of her room.
"How is She?" I ask walking up to him.
"She's in critical condition, but she's gonna be ok. She just has a broken finger, and a bruised ankle and lung bruising, which isn't major, she'll just be sore for a while." He says
I feel like weights has been lifted off my shoulders.
"Can we see her?" Mama Rissa asked.
"Yes, go right ahead. Be gentle guys" he tells us. We nod and head into the room.
I walk in first after Mama Rissa. I look over at the bed and see Alexia asleep.
Devin sits down while me and Mama Rissa go to her.
As I look at her and hold her hand, I realize how fragile she is. She's always been sensitive, but I've never seen her physically hurt before.
When we were together, we were always together. We were so close that I protected her, and she protected me.
So I'm hurt, to see that she's hurt.

"She's waking up" Mama Rissa said
I look over too her and she's opening her eyes. She looks around and her eyes meet mine. I couldn't help but smile, and she smiled weakly back at me.
"What happened?" She asked her mom.
"You were in a accident baby" she responds to her.
"But your gonna be ok. You just have a bruised ankle and ribs. Also your middle finger is broken." She adds
Alexia looks down at her finger and tries to wiggle it. She winces then laughs.
"I thought it wouldn't hurt. But it's broken so why wouldn't it?" She asks laughing. We all start laughing too.
"I'm glad your ok." Devin says standing up. Alexia looks at him and smiles, but i can tell it's fake, and so did Devin.
"I have to go, I was just making sure your ok." He tells us
"Okay be safe. Wait how are you getting home?" Mama Rissa asked him
"Uber." He says
"Thank you." Alexia says
"For what?" Devin asked
"For warning me, I might be dead if it wasn't for you." She says smiling a little.
"No problem." He says then he leaves.

Devins POV

I left because I wasn't wanted. I could tell Jonah doesn't like me, and me and Alexia broke up, so I'm not surprised that she doesn't want me here. But it's ok. It hurts, and it makes me sad, but it's ok. I understand that what I did was wrong, and I owned up to that. I just have to wait it over. Everything will be back to normal soon. I hope.

Alexia's POV

"When can I go home?" I ask the doctor.

He looks at me and chuckles.
"You'll be able to go home tomorrow. We just need to make sure you are able to go home just yet." He says
I nod my head understanding. He walks out and I try to reposition myself in this bed without hurting my ankle or my ribs.
"I'm going to go get some food, do you guys want some?" My mom asked me and Jonah.
"Oooh Yes!" We both cheered.
"Ok I'll be back." She says chuckling.
She leaves and I just stare at the wall.

"I'm sorry." Jonah says. I look over at him confused.
"If It wasn't for me then you wouldn't have been looking down, and you would have been paying attention to the road-" Jonah starts but I cut him off.

"Stop, It wasn't your fault. Everybody just starts to blame themselves when it isn't your fault." I say to him. He looks so sad.

"Jonah" I wine "come onnnn, I can't stand to see you sad about something that wasn't even your fault. And FYI I put my phone up before I crossed the road. So I was the one not looking. Your text had nothing to do with it." I tell him. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back, and he lightly kisses my forehead.

"Muffin?" Jonah asks. I smile whenever I hear that. It's so cute!
"Hm?" I say smiling
"I love you" He tells me. Even though I don't know if he means it in a Friend way or more than that, I love him too.
"I love you too." I respond. He holds my hand and lays his head on the bed beside me.
In minutes he falls asleep. Which I don't know how because he looks very uncomfortable to me, but maybe he's comfortable.
Since he's sleep and there isn't anything to do, I guess I'll try and sleep too.
I lay back and close my eyes. Eventually I fell asleep.

❤️