Two

Sooo...people in my school are insane XD

I was waiting to get my binder out of some shelf that the teacher keeps our math binders in so we don't forget them. There were a bunch of people in front of me, crowding the shelf as they got their binder. As I'm waiting for everyone around the shelf to leave so I can get to mine, I feel arms wrap around my waist. I turn around to see a girl I see around school but never talk to, staring at me with wide eyes and no emotion. Her friend walks up, her arms are still around me. Her friend just leans in close to her and whispers "Stop freaking people out Makayla."

Nobody cares, but oh well! Enough rambling about things I thought were funny, to the story!!

Y/n POV

"Y/n!" My mother yells from downstairs. "Could you come down here for a minute?"

"Coming!" I lazily reply.

I hop off my bed, leaving my phone there. I step outside of my room and make my way downstairs. Walking into the kitchen, I'm met with mom eating a sandwich and another in front of her. She gestured towards the one in front of her.

"I figured you were hungry." She mumbles. Taking a seat in front of her, I smile and thank her. Taking a bite, I notice her eyes on me.

"You need anything?" I raise a brow after I swallow my food.

She smiles then looks down at her hands. "So," She began. "I've been talking to someone recently."

I mentally roll my eyes.

"I really like him, but I wont continue if you have a problem with it." She adds.

I shrug. "If you're happy, I say go for it." I lie. I absolutely hated the thought of replacing my father.

"Really?" She grins as her eyes light up.

"Yeah," I nod. "but I just don't get how you can replace dad just like that. The divorce wasn't but a couple months ago."

"Y/n," Her smile falls. "your father and I got into a lot of fights that never ended well, you know that. It was obvious there was no love in that relationship. I just was to move on from that and with this guy I believe I can."

"Whats his name?" I ask, taking another bite of my sandwich.

"James." She grins.

I raise a brow. "Does he know you have a daughter?"

"He does." She nods. "He's actually eager to meet you."

"Oh no," I mumble.

"Yep," She nods. "I was hoping this weekend."

"Not happening." I declined.

"Y/n, please?" She sighs.

"No," I shake my head. "I wont be here anyway, I'll be at Laken's."

She looks at me disappointedly. "This is really important to me, you can't take a day off of your friends to meet someone thats really special to me?"

"Nope," I shake my head. "I'm going to Lake's tomorrow and I'm not changing my mind."

She stared down at her hands. "And hey, maybe you could bring him over when I'm gone and fuck, creating more children you'll torture with a divorce." I roll my eyes, standing up and heading for the stairs.

"Y/n!" My mom yelled, not pleased by my choice of words.

I ignore her, making my way to my room. I don't want someone to replace my dad. My father is my father, and no one else can take that role. The place for being my father is not open for sale. Its only been two months since they officially were divorced, she's already bringing in someone new?

As I push open the wooden door that leads to my room, I hear the familiar ringtone used for Skype. Rushing towards the phone sitting on my bed, I hit the answer button before the ringing stopped. Rowen, Lake, and Bex were already on the call. The only reason we used Skype was so we could have group calls.

"Y/n finally answered guys!" Lake cheered.

"Welcome to the cult, sister." Bex spoke darkly, causing the laugh that pushed its way out of my mouth.

"We must now shave her head and have a satanic ritual to make her officially one of us." Rowen played along.

"First, she must kill her dog to show she will dedicate her life to this cult, and to see if she is loyal enough to murder the, said dog, for us- her new family."

"Dog? What dog? I don't have a dog!" I laugh.

"Bex," Lake started, sounding concerned. "are you in a cult? You sound like you have done this before."

Laughing was heard from all ends of the phone. Bex spoke once we have all calmed down. "No, Lake! Why would I ever join a fucking cult?" Bexley giggles.

"My god Laken." Rowen says, disappointedly and holding back more laughter.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Guys, look at this cool account!" Lake says excitedly.

"Don't know if you knew this, but we can't see your screen." Bex says. You can basically hear then eye roll in her voice.(Does that make sense? Probably not XD)

"I'm sending a screenshot, dumbass." Laken replies coldly.

Rowen and I chuckle at their behavior. It was one of our favorite things about seeing the two. They were almost complete opposites and argued all the time. They were still friends nonetheless, their arguments were never big and neither of them took the insults to heart.

Suddenly my phone vibrated with a small ding, notifying me Lake had messaged us on our main group chat that wasn't on Skype. I switch to the other app, looking at the screenshot Lake had sent. It was an anonymous Instagram account account with the username as anonymous_friend.

"McKenzie Rollins and Fiona Finn just posted about this account a few minutes ago, shouting them out." Laken explains how she found the account.

My eyes moved to the profile picture to only see a dark circle. No image, just black. Moving onto the Instagram biography, my eyes glide across the words as I read them.

"DM me your phone number and grade. In less than 24 hours you shall receive an anonymous friend.
•Must go to (high school name)
One number per person" The words read.

I rolled my eyes at this. "This is stupid." I groan.

"Is not!" Lake argues. "This is amazing! This could be so fun!"

"You could get murdered." Bex fought.

"You could get murdered doing anything!" Lake says, clearly annoyed.

"Then this raises the chances!" Bexley shouted, wanting Lake to see her side.

"You could be paired with a pedophile, kidnapper, murderer, who knows! You know what a lie is, right?" Rowen says as if he is speaking to a child.

"Yes Rowen!" Lake groans, annoyed.

"But it does seem pretty cool, honestly." Rowen mumbles.

"We should do it together!" Laken's claps could be heard from her end of the phone. "I'm already DMing this person with my information."

"Cool, imma do it." Rowen giggles excitedly.

"You guys are idiots." Bex groans.

"You were just against it, Rowen." I chuckle. "Now you're doing it?"

Rowen laughs. "Hey, I never said I was against it. I was just listing the bad things that could happen."

I roll my eyes amusedly. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."