Eleven

ETHAN'S INSTAGRAM STORY TODAY! Apparently he's 14 now XD

Maniac MaGee is a really friggin good book though. We're reading it for school and I can't get enough of it. (I ship Jeffrey and Amanda, don't fucking judge me)

Y/n POV

Sitting in that classroom was hard. All I wanted to do was run out, nevermore to be seen. It was as if I had to listen to Rap God and figure out what he's saying. Not slowed down, no lyrics in front of me. Exactly how it is. (twenty_one_migraines can actually rap this. I feel like a proud mother) I got some of the lesson, but the rest made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Before the teacher could say any more, the classroom phone began to ring. He paused his lesson and slowly walked towards his desk which held the phone next to his computer. Putting it to his ear, he set his eyes on me and mumbled a reply.

"Y/n, you're leaving." He pointed towards me. All eyes in the classroom landed on me as I stood up with my things and made my way towards the door. The teacher turns back to the board and began writing on it with a dry-erase marker. Walking down the isle of desks, I almost fall but catch myself before I could. Turning around, I'm met with a giggling Hope Jayden with her foot stuck out in the middle of the floor. Rolling my eyes, I ignore her and resumed my walk towards the door.

Why was I leaving? Is something wrong? As far as I know, I wasn't leaving for anything today.

Eventually, I arrived at the office and there stood James with his tattooed arm and lip piercing on his lip. So he does still wear it. He tore his eyes from his phone and smiled at me. He nodded towards the door and pushed it open as he made his way out.

"Have a nice day!" He yelled to the people in the office. I followed after him, clearly confused.

"Why did you pick me up?" I asked as I sat in the passenger seat of his black truck. "How did you pick me up? You weren't on the list of people who are eligible for that."

"Your mom put me on the list yesterday." He grinned as he started the vehicle. "So I'm taking advantage of it. We're spending the day together."

"Don't you have a job to get to?" I roll my eyes, staring out the window.

"Took a sick day." He answers.

"So you decided to take me out of school, where my future is planned, just to spend a day together? What is this, some cliché movie where the sadist and the daughter of his girlfriend becomes friends?"

"The sadist? Is that what you think of me?" He laughs quietly as he looked both ways of the road before turning left down the street. "This is why I wanted to spend time with you! So you wont be so pissed at me for no reason."

I groan. "This can wait for later! I have more important places to be!"

"Come on, you don't actually want to be at school. Nobody wants to be in that hell." He chuckles, glancing at me.

"It seems like the better option." I mumble, annoyed.

"Ha ha," He laughs sarcastically.

"Great, you sound like that robot, Alexa when she laughs."

He genuinely laughs this time. "You're funny." He points at me, glancing at me once again with a wide grin.

"And you're annoying, so what?"

"Come on," He rolls his eyes. "You hungry?"

"Just had lunch." I reply blandly.

"You actually eat that shit?" He looks at me in disgust.

"You haven't been in school in, like, what, 50 years? You probably don't even remember how to multiply integers."

"50 years? Damn, I'm not that old!" He laughs. "And I actually do know how to multiply integers." He holds his head up proudly.

My eyes land on him. "Seven multiplied by negative four."

"Negative twenty-eight." He answered quickly.

I raise a brow. "Negative nine divided by negative three."

"Three," He smiles.

"Okay," I think. "Negative fourteen multiplied by three."

"Negative forty-two."

"Okay, maybe you do remember." I crossed my arms, honestly impressed.

"I kinda have to if my job involves a whole bunch of math." He shrugs.

"What do you work as?" I ask, staring at the cars speeding past us.

"Biochemist," He states with pride.

"How did you get a job like that, looking like that?" I ask, eyes widely open.

"I'm just that smart." He quietly laughs to himself.

I'LL GET A LONGER CHAPTER OUT SOON, I PROMISE!

I feel sick and I want to diiiiiiee!