Apologies

Pinkie was the first to notice her arrival, "Oh my gosh! Sunset! You actually came! We were starting to think you backed out!"

"Sorry." Sunset apologized, "I was talking with Mrs. Cake."

Pinkie got up and dragged Sunset to the booth, shoving her in next to Fluttershy then slid in on her other side.

Fluttershy gave her a small smile which Sunset returned nervously. "We're so happy you could make it." She greeted.

"Yeah, uh, thanks." Sunset said.

"Pay up Rainbow!" Applejack said suddenly.

Rainbow Dash groaned, digging out her wallet and gave Applejack a twenty, "Yeah, whatever." the multi-colored girl slumped in her seat.

"Wait." Sunset looked at Applejack, "Did you bet on whether or not I'd come?"

Applejack nodded, "Well, you see, Dash here thought you would be too scared to show up, probably thinkin' this was some sort of trap and I told her you would show up considerin' I have a pretty good idea as to why you wanted to talk to all of us at once."

Sunset blinked, "Well she was right about the whole, 'scared this was a trap' thing but to be honest, I can only see that as something Rainbow might think of doing but then I thought about it and figured, none of you would let that happen." Sunset looked to Rainbow and her eyes widened upon realizing the nature of what she'd just accused her of, "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Hey!" Rainbow cut her off, "You're probably not wrong but the stunts I pull are well thought out pranks. All in good fun."

"Anyway," Rarity cut in, "Sunset, what is it that you wanted to talk about with all of us?"

Well, here it is. The moment of truth. If I don't do it now, I probably never will. Sunset thought to herself.

She took a deep breath and just let everything flow out without her usual buffers. "So, I really wanted to talk to you all at the same time because I was afraid I would lose my nerve. I wanted to apologize, for everything. I hate who I am, or was, and by the time I figured out I wanted to change how I was acting, I was in too deep and ended up crossing through the portal to steal the crown like I had planned. So, for starters, I'm sorry for my actions at the formal, I wasn't kidding yesterday when I told you I could have killed you." She clenched her hand together and gritted her teeth. "I hate myself for that.

"Sunset..." Rarity said in a soft voice but Sunset didn't let her continue.

"No, Rarity, I need to do this properly." Sunset said adamantly. Rarity simply sat back and nodded. Sunset looked to her right at Pinkie who was making a tower with the sugar packets, "Pinkie Pie, I'm sorry about all the times I made you decorate for the dances and school functions yourself. Also for all the times that I had Snips and Snails destroy your decorations." She didn't wait for a response before looking at Fluttershy, "I really am sorry about your silent auction last year. I know it was Pinkie who brought the party but it was me who sent those messages. I'm also sorry for all the times I screamed at you for no reason. I know you're sensitive and it was horrible of me to feed more of your insecurities."

Fluttershy went to put a hand on the other girl's shoulder and she jerked away, surprising the shy girl.

Continuing the circle, she looked to Rainbow Dash along with Fluttershy, "I'm especially sorry for pulling you two apart. If I remember right; you two grew up together and have been friends long before I came to this world. It was how close you were that made me kind of angry and jealous. I didn't really have any close friends, I think the only good friend I had was Princess Celestia but she was just my mentor. I'm really sorry for doing that to you guys. I also feel really bad about when I greased the field and you broke your leg Rainbow Dash."