Day 2

Sunday came and went, and though it was only Sunset's second day, it was fairly relaxed. The youngest member of the house spent the majority of her time in her room, working through her homework. When Celestia had gone in to check on her, Sunset didn't notice her entry due to the music in her ear buds and the undivided attention she was giving her Physics homework. Celestia watched her work for a few minutes and was astonished at the speed she was going at, with a broken wrist no less.

Shortly after that Celestia had given her a tour of the study and explained how the majority of the books were organized. To no surprise, it was very similar to CHS's library. Sunset had sat in a chair near Celestia's desk and read a book from the shelf.

For dinner they had take-out and Luna assaulted her with various questions and was appalled to hear that Sunset had only ever watched the education films in school and one on Halloween with her friends. She swore that the next weekend, they would catch her up on 16 years' worth of movies.

***

Celestia smiled as she sat in the kitchen on Monday morning after Luna went to work. She did feel bad that her sister had to spend at least another few days running the school alone but she wasn't quite ready to leave Sunset alone yet and, neither was Sunset.

It was close to ten when Sunset came down the stairs sleepily, and... painfully?

"What's the matter, Sunset?" Celestia asked worriedly.

Sunset grabbed a cup of coffee and sat across from Celestia, "My ribs hurt."

Celestia got up and grabbed something from the microwave then set it down in front of Sunset, "Sorry, I forgot to give these to you the other day. They're for the pain."

Sunset read the bottle and took out one of the tablets and washed it down, "Thanks."

"So other than that, how are you feeling?" The tall woman asked.

"Fine, I guess." Sunset said, "But if I'm honest, I'm still getting used to everything."

"That is to be expected." Celestia confirmed, "Luna and I are still adjusting as well."

It was silent for another few moments before Sunset spoke, "So, I finished all my homework for the last few weeks."

"All of it?" Celestia questioned, "Even art."

"Yep!" Sunset said proudly, "I didn't want to be behind everyone else when I go back." She sighed, "Do I have to go back?"

Celestia chuckled, "Nice try but you do still need to go to school." She leaned forward to look Sunset in the eyes, "It will get better eventually, Sunset. Just give it time."

She groaned, "I know. You're right but it's just...hard."

"You're a strong girl Sunset, I know you can make it through this." Celestia told her, "You also have your friends, Luna and myself to help you if you need it."

Sunset smiled as she finished her coffee, "Thanks, that actually means a lot coming from you. Speaking of which, when do I get to go back to school?"

Celestia pursed her lips in thought, "Well, I was planning on going back myself tomorrow but I still want you to rest for a couple more days."

Sunset nodded, then grinned, "Wednesday then?"

Celestia shot her a playful glare, "Don't push it."