Needed Council

Celestia and Luna were in the study late on Wednesday evening, finishing up their paperwork. They didn't get a lot of it done throughout the school day, because they were a little preoccupied with other matters. That matter of which was absent from school and it concerned both women.

Sunset was a studious student. Usually, when she was going to be absent, she would call it in. Today however, there was no word from the girl. Luna had even asked Fluttershy if any of them knew where she was, but according to her Sunset hadn't contacted anyone that day.

Now, as she was finishing up the last bit of her paperwork, Celestia's cell phone started to ring. Needless to say, she was surprised and relieved to see Sunset's name on the screen.

"Who is it?" Luna asked.

"Sunset." She said as she picked it up and pressed talk.

Luna raised an eyebrow as Celestia started talking.

"Hello?" Celestia greeted.

"Hey, I know it's late but I just needed to talk to someone." Sunset greeted from the other end.

Celestia glanced at Luna before responding, "It's not a problem, Sunset. I gave you my personal number for a reason."

She could hear the girl sigh, "I...remember the other day when I told you about my dream?"

Celestia nodded despite knowing she couldn't see her, "Yes. What's happened?"

"The girls were at the mall yesterday and Rainbow Dash grew wings and pony ears like at the formal. Only this time, she was playing her guitar." Sunset explained, "They came and told me right away, which I appreciate but..."

"You're afraid of the magic." Celestia finished.

"It's not the magic I'm afraid of, not exactly. Like I said on Monday, I'm afraid of what I might do. I don't want to become a demon again." She began to rant. "The worst part of it is that I brought the magic here and I didn't know how to control it!" Celestia could hear Sunset's voice start to break, "Then, yesterday, Fluttershy said something that makes sense but... it scares me."

"Let me guess," Celestia commented in a soothing tone, "there is a possibility you could have it now too."

"Yeah. I was thinking about it and, the thing that scares me the most is that I was kind of happy that there is magic here. Actually, I kind of miss it. The good kind, not the kind I used at the formal. Still, what would I do if I actually had magic again? I know, I'm not the same person, but I also don't have the temptation either. There is a possibility that under the circumstances, I could revert back to how I used to be." She sighed, "Or, I will still be me and actually do some good with it."

Celestia smiled at the last sentence but she could admit that Sunset did actually make a sound argument. "Let me ask you this; what do you want? Say you had magic in your hands right now; what would you do with it?"

"I guess...I don't know. I might end up getting really lazy and use it to levitate stuff and teleport but I can't think of anything I would particularly want to do with it. I've never really given it much thought. I've been without it for so long now, it's not really something I think of using." Sunset chuckled, "Except when it's cold and I miss my bus and have to walk to school."

Celestia smiled, "See? That there, Sunset, is why I believe you will chose to do good with it, despite the temptation. Not once did you say you wanted to do something negative." She sighed contently, "Listen to me, Sunset, I know when you think about it, you miss having that kind of power but have you ever thought it's because you had grown up with it?"