Quake

Come Friday, the five girls were becoming concerned as to why Sunset had skipped the rest of the week of school. They weren't stupid, they knew it had something to do with Rainbow Dash growing wings and a tail. Sunset had message the entirety of the group, assuring them she was alright and just needed time to clear her head.

They knew Sunset would have told Principal Celestia what was actually going on but when they asked, like any good counselor, she was sworn to secrecy but assured them that Sunset would be returning on Monday.

Celestia however, was growing concerned as well. Other than the phone call she'd had with her on Wednesday, a text on Thursday and the absence notices that passed through the office, she hadn't heard from her. Principal Celestia was now unsure that she'd done a good job at consoling Sunset about her fears about magic. To make matters worse, she couldn't just go to where she lived to talk to her, not yet. Nor could she give her friends any information without breaching Sunset's trust.

Right before Lunch, however, the ground shook for a moment. Not enough to cause any real damage but just enough to make people stumble in order to regain their footing. Just as sudden as it had come, it dissipated.

"Freaky deaky." Pinkie Pie said as she bounced up to her friends and sat in her usual seat, "We haven't had an earthquake here since we were all in diapers. Though I guess that was more of a minor tremor."

"I was so scared." Fluttershy shrunk in seat. "I'm glad it was just a small one."

"I dunno about that." Applejack said, "Granny Smith says that last time there was an earthquake, there was a few small ones and one huge one."

Fluttershy shrunk farther in her chair, fear in her eyes.

"It's true!" Pinkie said, "My mom and dad said that the last one split the ground, damaged and knocked down buildings, even started fires!"

Rainbow frowned, looking at Fluttershy cower next to her. She was about to say something before the intercom came on.

"Will all staff and students please report to the cafeteria immediately for next class." Celestia's voice sounded, "I repeat, this is a school emergency. All staff and students report to the cafeteria."

"Well." Rainbow said, "We got here pretty fast."

Rainbow and Pinkie snickered but Applejack and Rarity groaned. Fluttershy, however, continued to cower, only now she was significantly closer to Rainbow Dash.

More students shuffled into the cafeteria and took any seat available while the staff lined the walls. Soon, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna walked in, the latter carrying a bull horn.

"Attention students and faculty." Luna spoke through the bull horn, "I am sure you all experienced a small tremor earlier and for safety reasons, we are all going to remain here until we are sure they passed. However," Her voice turned grim for a moment. "There is a chance of a bigger quake. So, in the event that the situation escalated, everyone is to get underneath the table they are at immediately."

At the sound of that, Fluttershy clung desperately to Rainbow Dash who looked at the equally concerned faces of her friends.

Rarity was the first to say what they were all thinking, "Does Sunset know what to do in the event of an earthquake." After seeing more nervous looks, she furrowed her brows. "I do hope she's alright."

When Vice-Principal Luna was walking past their table, Fluttershy quickly grabbed her arm, startling the older woman. Though she didn't let it show.

"Vice-Principal Luna," Fluttershy said, "We are really worried about Sunset. We don't even know if she knows what to do in an earthquake. Can't someone go check on her?"