The Studio

After playing videogames for a bit, they all broke for dinner. Sunset was awkward at first but after a few minutes, she managed to relax. She got along well with Luna and Celestia's parents, more so Summer.

It was odd getting to know them. To Sunset, it almost felt like going back in time thousands of years, knowing very well they are the counterparts of the Equestrian Luna and Celestia's parents. They were the predecessors before Equestria was even founded.

After dinner, Celestia retreated to her room to read while Luna and Chrysalis went to the basement with Sun. That left Sunset sitting in the living room alone with Summer.

It was silent for a few minutes before Summer spoke, "Your drawings tell quite the story."

Sunset looked at Summer with a raised brow, "They do? They're just pictures."

Summer smiled, "Yes but they say a picture is worth a thousand words. You've seen my paintings around the house, yes?"

Sunset nodded, "They're really good."

"Thank you, dear." Summer smiled softly, "Each one tells a story, a happy memory."

"I kind of see what you mean." Sunset said, thinking back to the paintings she had seen.

"Yours shows fear, yes?"

Sunset snapped her head and looked right into Summer's kind eyes, "Yeah." She said sadly.

Summer smiled again then got up, "Come with me, I want to show you something."

Sunset raised an eyebrow but obediently followed the elderly woman through the house to a room with wooden doors. Upon entering, Sunset's breath was taken away.

The walls and ceiling were painted like the night sky, with canvases leaning against the wall. There was a desk on each side of the room with three or four easels scattered around the room, two of which had paintings on them. Sunset looked around and Summer was happy to see how intrigued Sunset was with each painting.

"This is amazing." Sunset breathed.

"Welcome to my art studio." The woman smiled.

"You painted all of these?"

She nodded then went over to a cupboard that was pushed into the corner opposite to the window. After rummaging around, she smiled as she brought out an old sketchbook with '1959' painted in red on the black cover.

Summer waved Sunset over to a desk with two-fold up chairs. They sat down and Summer put the book on the desk between them.

"When I was a few years younger than you, I started sketching." Summer explained, "I have at least two for each year since I first started and this one," She placed a hand on the book, "It's from when I was a teenager."

Sunset opened the book and scanned through. All of the pictures were in black and white but the woman, as a teenager, was amazing at portraying the correct color through her shading. There were so many pictures of people, little scenes, hearts and, of course, constellations. Some of the constellations even had shapes drawn over them.

"You see," Summer said, "Everything you draw, tells a story. Even just a fun drawing. The hearts, and sketches of my desk, were from a break up. Some of them were memories of my friends and family and," She flipped to a page to a girl crouched on the pavement with a sweater and black pants, looking powerful and heroic. "Belladonna, a super hero I had come up with as an escape."

Sunset's eyes widened, "You drew super heroes?"

Summer laughed, "Yes, well, Black Sun and I wouldn't have gotten very far in our relationship if we weren't both geeks."