Last Day!

Sunset was woken up at an ungodly hour for an x-ray and C.A.T scan and Celestia was there for her the entire time. By the time they were doing the C.A.T Sunset was unable to move as her pain killers had worn off.

When she got back to her room, the graciously accepted the pills the nurse gave her and washed them down with a cup of water.

Fluttershy and Rarity came to see her in the afternoon and they had fun just talking and joking around. They talked about the band, which they had named, the 'Rainbooms' and how Fluttershy wrote a few songs.

Sunset flipped through the book Fluttershy kept the songs in and smiled, "Wow, Fluttershy, these are really good. You should play these at the showcase."

Fluttershy frowned, "I would like to, but Rainbow Dash has already written songs for it."

"So?" Sunset questioned, "You guys just started, why can't you change the set list?"

"That's what I've been saying." Rarity explained.

"I just don't want to step on her toes." Fluttershy frowned, "She said we'll play them eventually."

"Fluttershy, darling, you know Rainbow Dash better than anyone." Rarity said, "You need to be more assertive with her."

"Rarity's right." Sunset agreed with an encouraging smile, "If you want to play your songs, you have to stand up for yourself."

"But I don't want her to get angry with me." Fluttershy said, "That would make me feel terrible."

Doesn't feel worse to be disregarded? Sunset thought but decided that would be crossing some sort of line.

They eventually dropped the subject until Fluttershy had to leave for the animal shelter.

"So," Rarity said, "Are you happy to be getting out of here tomorrow?"

"You have no idea." Sunset heavily sighed, "Though I'm still going to be in bed for the better part of next week. I never thought that I'd be looking forward to going to school."

Rarity giggled, "Well, it is a bit odd. However, I do think you deserve to feel as such."

Sunset laughed but flinched soon after, "Ow. Still hurts to laugh."

"Are you alright darling?" Rarity asked worriedly.

Sunset waved her off, "Yeah, it's not the first time and I doubt it will be the last. I never knew people could laugh this much."

"It usually means that you're happy." Rarity smirked.

"Happy hurts." Sunset mock-pouted, enticing more, painful, giggles.

"Jokes aside," Rarity said, "I'm glad you're feeling better."

"Thanks." Sunset smiled. She thought for a moment and thought of something she'd been meaning to ask about, "So, has everyone else...you know."

Rarity nodded, "We wanted to wait until you were out of the hospital to tell you. All five of us have started to, what Pinkie calls, 'Pony Up'."

"Pony up?" Sunset questioned, "I suppose it is an accurate way of putting it."

"You're not upset by it?" she asked, "Whether you admit it or not, we know it's why you weren't at school the week of the earthquake."

Sunset sighed, "I am but not that you 'pony up' in general but at how you got that ability to begin with." Rarity was about to say something but Sunset interrupted, "You can say that it wasn't my fault all you want but we both know that would be a lie. I'm going to have to live with my mistakes and I have accepted that. Besides, the more I think about it, the more I realize that it's not exactly a bad thing."