Comfort

In the study, Celestia found she was having trouble getting anything done. Her mind kept wandering to Sunset's small outburst in the mall. She had originally brushed it off because it was clear that even Sunset didn't really want to discuss her comment in such a public place. Originally, it had caught her off guard because she never considered how Sunset would feel meeting Celestia and Luna's family. To Sunset, they were strangers.

Should I talk to Mom and Dad and make a day trip? Celestia questioned, No, that wouldn't be fair to them. Besides, they've been supportive with me taking in Sunset. I don't want to stress her out though, Christmas is supposed to be fun and it's about bonding with your family. It was then that Celestia realized what the real issue was.

Though Sunset knew that Celestia and Luna both cared about her and she was a part of the house hold, it didn't necessarily mean that she was a part of their family. Then, something Sunset had said earlier surfaced in her thoughts:

'You're basically my mom!' She had said.

Her mom? Celestia thought.

It only took a few seconds for Celestia to realized how accurate that statement was. Since finding out how Sunset was living, she'd been nothing but caring towards the girl. It started with Just being an emergency contact and counseling. Then, giving the girl her personal number in case she needed help. It didn't take long for it to escalate to figuring out a way to get Sunset under her care. Just a couple weeks ago; Celestia was lecturing Sunset about being a teenager.

Celestia leaned back in her chair, eyes cast down in dumb found thought.

"What is the matter, Sister?" Luna asked.

Celestia looked up to her sister, "It's something Sunset said today."

Luna raised a brow.

"Luna," Celestia started, "What kind of relationship do you see with me regarding Sunset?"

Luna snorted then it only escalated into a full-blown laugh, "Do-do you e-even have to ask?" She said between giggles.

"It was a serious question, Luna." Celestia deadpanned.

"I know, I know." She said as she calmed down, "Look, I believe you already know the answer. What did Sunset say?"

"That I am 'basically her Mom.'" Celestia said. When she saw her sister's jaw drop, she rolled her eyes, "She was ranting because she was nervous about meeting Mom and Dad. I'm not even sure she realized she said it."

"But still..." Luna said in thought, "She has a point. Chrys and I said it after she met Sunset in the hospital, we can see it in your eyes. Same goes for Sunset. That girl trusts you and judging by that day you two went clothes shopping, she cares deeply about your opinion of her."

Celestia bit the inside of her cheek, "I know and in the short time that I've known her, I can't bear the thought of anything happening to her. It's almost like..."

"She's your own?" Luna offered.

Celestia nodded.

"You should discuss this with her." Luna stated.

"I will." Celestia said, getting out of her chair. "Eventually. First, I want to make sure she doesn't have a panic attack on Christmas Eve."