Battle of the Bands

Author's Note

I don't think any of you realize how awesome you are. A lot of you have stuck with me since January and even more have come into this story on a whim. It's also, because of you that I end up on the featured list with every new chapter (Still not sure how that happens).

I know you fellow writers know how important and meaningful our readers really are. For those non-writers, you keep us going. I love story telling and I will never give it up no matter who reads it but, it always gives me confidence when people do read it. I don't even think I'm a good story teller. Reading my own stuff makes me cringe.

So, welcome to the last day of 'Scars of Our Past'. I will post the final chapter sometime after 5:15 MST (When I get off work.) Thanks guys, see you in a bit!

P.S. Yes, these last 2 chapters are 2 of the longest chapters in Scars.

_______

"Sunset?" Twilight asked, as they climbed the hill.

"Yeah, Twilight?" She stopped to face her.

"I just wanted to say thank you." She said, "If it weren't for you speaking up, we would never have been able to come together again."

Sunset smiled and shrugged, "That's what friends are for, I guess."

Twilight shook her head, "And you are a great one." She gave Sunset a hug, "Don't worry, we'll get your family back."

Sunset nodded with a smile, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." Twilight smiled, "But make it quick, we don't have a lot of time left."

She met the purple girl's eyes, "Do I deserve this?"

The question took Twilight by surprise. The girl always seemed so strong in her eyes and never even considered that she would have conflicted feelings about it.

Twilight just gave Sunset a warm smile, "When I left after the formal, I realized how alone you were, not to mention misunderstood. You've come a long way and I can see that all the darkness you acquired, is gone. You have embraced the magic of friendship and I am so proud of you." She paused, "I know both Celestia's are too."

Sunset smiled as they reached the top of the hill looking down on to the stage.

"How are we going to play over them from up here?" Rainbow asked.

As if on cue, Vinyl drove up to the top of the hill and honked the horn. Then, much to their surprise, it turned into a turntable and speakers.

Vinyl smiled and nodded.

They watched as the Sirens grew Pony ears and moth- like wings, the crowd hypnotized with their singing.

They then started to sing.

[The Rainbooms]

Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh

I've got the music in me

Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh

[Twilight Sparkle]

Don't need to hear a crowd

Cheering out my name

I didn't come here seeking

Infamy or fame

The crowd turned to look at the Rainbooms, confused, but coming out of their hypnotization

They sang the next verse together Then, the girl's started to glow. After another couple pf lines, they began to don their pony ears, wings and tails. Now though, multi-colored streaks appeared in their hair.