Aftershock

Celestia made her way to the crowd of people; both civilians, and paramedics, looking for survivors. She scanned over the medics working on the injured, but didn't see Sunset. Not yet anyway.

Where are you, Sunset? Celestia thought, watching the two men sift through what was Sunset's building.

Just then one of them called; "Hey! I see someone!"

Three paramedics ran over past Celestia to assist the two men. She wanted to help but she knew she'd just get in the way but still staying within ear shot. So, as nerve racking as it was, she waited chewing her lip impatiently, praying Sunset wasn't...no, she couldn't think like that.

She kept her eyes on the men until one of them spoke loudly over the sirens; "It's just a kid!"

Celestia's heart stopped, Sunset.

He nodded, "Careful now, don't move her head"

When Celestia finally saw the person, they were lifting; her fears were answered. She placed a hand over her mouth, tears now streaming from her eyes. It took all her willpower to not break down on her knees then and there

She walked to where the paramedics carefully set Sunset down.

One of the medics with orange hair checked her pulse and shook his head, "No pulse."

"Starting compressions." Another green haired man said, as he performed CPR.

When Celestia got closer she gasped. Sunset's face was covered in blood, a large gash on the side of her head. There was so much blood, it was hard to tell where it started and ended. She had blood on her shirt and her clothes were torn. Her left leg wasn't fairing much better. Still, her main concern was whether or not she was alive.

The green haired man stopped after a minute and shook his head. Celestia knew what that meant.

She carefully approached the men who looked at her questionably.

"Miss?" the orange haired man questioned.

"Her parents are out of town." Celestia said numbly, her voice breaking.

"We're sor-" The man tried but was cut off.

"Move!" A blue haired man ordered.

They all moved out of the way and he resumed compressions.

"Armor, she's-" The green man tired but the blue haired man was having none of it.

"Defibrillator!" he ordered, "NOW!"

The green haired man went to the ambulance while Armor ripped open Sunset's shirt. When he returned; he put the pads on Sunset's chest and charged, "Clear!"

She convulsed but nothing.

"Again!"

Nothing.

"One more time!" He said.

"Shining," The orange haired one said, "She's gone!"

He glared at him, "Just one more time!"

He rolled his eyes but did as he was told.

Sunset convulsed then, unconscious, she coughed.

Shining smiled, "See, told ya."

Celestia smiled and uncharacteristically hugged the man, "Thank you."

"Get her into the ambulance now!" Shining ordered.

The two men obliged, "Are you her mother?"

"No," Celestia said, "Her parents are out of town."