The Plan

Since that day in Celestia's office, Sunset had spoken with her every couple of days, whether it's to share her day or vent about her misguided deeds. It was nice having someone else to talk to, someone other than the five girls she is growing to care for.

It was Sunday afternoon and Sunset was walking around aimlessly downtown. She had spent a good hour walking through the park and was pretty sure she could navigate it in her sleep by now. Now, she wandered down the sidewalk in the business district of town, close to Canterlot high. She had a couple run-ins with fellow students but for the most part, they left her well enough alone.

She was snapped from her thoughts when she almost ran into a hyperactive, bouncing, pink blob.

"Sunset!" Pinkie Pie cheered, "I can't believe I actually found you!"

Sunset looked surprised, "Y-you were looking for me?"

Pinkie giggled, "Well of course silly! You weren't answering your phone and I need to talk with you and the other girls! So, I decided to check the mall where you work even though you don't usually work Sundays and when you weren't there, I decided to wander around and see if I could find you. I didn't actually think I'd find you though, but I did!"

"Uh..." Sunset stammered and looked for her phone to check her messages but it wasn't in any of her pockets. "That's weird, I guess I forgot it at home. Sorry, Pinkie."

"Oh, that's OK Sunset," Pinkie put her arm around her shoulders, "I would have just talked to you on Monday instead."

Sunset moved out of Pinkie's arm and the pink haired girl rambled off something about cupcakes and pudding until they came to Sugar Cube Corner and went inside. The girls walked to the usual booth near the back of the café where their four other friends sat waiting, absorbed in their own conversation.

Applejack was the first to notice their arrival and waved to Sunset with a smile on her face, halting the other conversation they were having for everyone else to greet the two newcomers.

"Hey, you found her!" Rainbow greeted.

"Yep!" Pinkie said as she slid in next to Rarity, while Fluttershy shuffled over for Sunset to sit down, "She forgot her phone at home so she didn't get our messages."

Fluttershy gave Sunset a concerned look, "Don't you live alone? Isn't it dangerous to be without a phone?"

Sunset looked to the shy girl, "Until recently, there wasn't anyone who I would call or vice versa. Honestly though, I never forget my phone, I just didn't get a lot of sleep so I guess it slipped my mind."

Fluttershy asked why she wasn't getting much sleep but Sunset didn't really want to bring up the nightmares she's been having. So she avoided the question by pretending she didn't hear her.

"So, Pinkie," Sunset spoke, "Why are we here?"

"To make plans for Thursday silly!" She said as if it were obvious.

"Thursday?" Sunset though out loud, "That's the thirty first, right? What's so special about it?"

"You're kidding, right?" Rainbow Dash asked dumbfounded.

Sunset looked at her questioningly. It was then that everyone else joined her in the shocked expressions.

"It's Halloween, duh." Pinkie said finally.