The Past is Undefining

The next week passed as smoothly as it could have for Sunset. There was no Trixie or Gilda to cause her any physical pain so all she had to do was endure the snide remarks and comments from the other students and occasionally being shoved in a locker by a random classmate. Her saving grace was the five girls that had surrounded her and seemed to forgive her for what she'd done.

However, how long would it last? Sunset still harbored feelings that her 'change' might be temporary and it made her rethink her entire situation. She didn't want to go back to being the old her but would she be able to stop herself. What if she ended hurting the people who actually cared about her? Do they even actually care? That was another thing that weighed down on her. She feared that this 'friendship' was just temporary as well and eventually, the novelty would rub off and they would all leave her alone again.

Sunset thought about her deal with Celestia, I actually need someone more experienced to give me some perspective on this. She did say she wanted to help me.

She really need someone other than the five girls to talk to and Principal Celestia seemed like a good option. Sunset chuckled at the thought, How many high schoolers actually WANT to talk to the Principal? However, I'm not your average student.

It was the end of the day and though Sunset knew Principal Celestia set aside third period to talk, she really wanted to get her concerns off her chest and didn't want to wait until Monday. The last few nights had been rather sleepless with her thoughts of betrayal and ill intent piling onto her mind.

Walking into the office, Sunset saw the door to Celestia's office opened just enough so she could see papers being strewn across the desk. The receptionist wasn't there so Sunset stood in the vacant front office, trying to decide whether to knock, wait for the receptionist or just go home and meet her at the time Celestia said she'd set aside, all the while just staring at the door to the Principal's office.

She had to be standing there for a solid minute before the door opened.

"Sunset?" Celestia questioned, snapping the girl from her thoughts, "Shouldn't you be headed home."

"Oh! Uh y-yeah, I j-just..." Sunset trailed off, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Is something wrong?" Celestia asked.

"No. Yes? Maybe?" Sunset sighed and slumped down into a nearby chair, "I'm probably just over analyzing things. It's probably nothing, sorry."

Sunset made no move to leave and Celestia knew very well that Sunset had wanted to talk about whatever was bothering her and was just too proud to admit it.

"Why don't you come into my office?" Celestia offered, smiling at her.

"Really?" Sunset asked, "I don't want to bug you while you're working."

"Nonsense." She replied simply, walking back into her office.

Sunset followed and shut the door before taking a seat in a chair across from Principal Celestia's desk. The woman cleared her desk and sat with her arms crossed, elbows resting on the oak surface.

"So, what seems to have you worried?" Celestia asked.

Sunset looked down at her hands clasped in her lap, "I don't know, it's kind of stupid."

"Now, Sunset," Celestia gave her a reassuring smile, "If it's bothering you it can't really be all that stupid."

"Can you please not do that?" Sunset said.