02

Heads up The time this takes place is during lovers lane (ignore the images for the book)
Zenix' pov

I woke up to be drooling on a mans chest. At first my mind forgot last nights events and thought it was Kale. I looked up and saw Gene resting his head on the back top of the couch, I didn't feel disappointed that it was him though. It's nice to know that I have someone here with me, that's better than most people...

"Waddup losers." Sasha barged in from the front door making my sit up straight and Gene's eyes to flutter open.

"Mm, Sasha," Gene groaned from a tired fit. "I thought you were working until the morning."

"It is the morning." She said as she walked to the kitchen and pulled out the left over cake from dinner two nights ago. "So why were you and Zenix sleeping on the couch together?"

"We just fell asleep," I answered for gene.

I got of the couch and went to the kitchen. Sasha and Gene continued to talk about the situation Sasha walked in on as she ate the Cake. Mean while my eyes dragged along the content of the fridge.

"Uh can I tell her?" Gene called for me. I didn't respond, I was to occupied. "uh Kale cheated on Zen."

"Oh." There was a sly tone in her voice. "So now that they're over you're sliding in to get the prise?"

"What! Sasha I will kill you," Gene shouted flustered clearly.

Hm, I wonder if I could just eat yoghurt? Or ice -cream, that sounds good right now. Wait it's 8? To early for ice cream. Mmm, I'll just eat all of our corn flakes. I moved from the fridge to the cabinet, I took out the not open box and went back to the couch. I opened the box and ate hand fulls.

"Ahem, Zenix do you mind." Sasha called my name.

"No."

"Ugh, I just bought that!"

"Shut up and let me eat, you whiny bit-"

"Ah! No cussing Zen!" Gene pulled me up, like the mother he is.

"Fine." I proceeded to eat my dry cereal.

I hurt emotionally still, but it's not as bad as other times. As in high school times. That doesn't matter anymore, all that matters is the consumption of this cereal. It was Saturday so I didn't have to go to school, sad. I actually like the people who take the classes with me. I didn't go to college because I basically didn't have grades to let me in, so I am taking my bachelors in engineering course during night class, with an additional pizza delivery job.

"Aphmau is having a new years party tonight." Gene beamed. "she told me you guys can come to!"

"How long did you have to beg her for that?" Sasha insisted.

"Oh hush."

I continued to focus on my cereal.

-----------
5:37, party starts at 6:00

Later that day I was laying on by bed lounging around, the party will start soon. It didn't matter because eventually Gene will run in throwing the door screaming at me......called it.

"ZEN, WE ARE LEAVING IN FIFTEEN MINUTES!!"

"Yikes, Gene she has a boyfriend, quit acting like we're going to your crushes party." I was sceptical if he still liked her so I watched his reaction carefully.

"What? We still need to make a good impression on the neighbours..." Gene was staring at the ground as if pulling up memories.

He still has...mixed feelings about her.

"Fine, I'll get changed, is it a casual party?"

"Yeah...." great now he was caught in thoughts.

"Get out my room so I can get changed you perv." I attempted drawing his attention.

"Oh, I get it, don't let the pan sexual perv on everyone!" He shouted playfully.

"How can you not be perving if you haven't even left yet." I was smiling at this point.

"See you, be quick!"

Gene left and closed the door behind him as I began to pull my shirt over my head. I have been wearing this shirt since yesterday, gross. I searched my cupboard for a different shirt to replace it before deciding on a checkered shirt.

"Wow, you've been working out?" I jumped, startled to see Gene at the open door.

"What the hell?"

"I wanted to tell you that we don't have to bring our own drinks." I death stared at him to give him the idea that it's not the best time. "Okay, I get, bye".

I would've killed him if I didn't love him, platonically; well probably platonic.