05

Gene's pov

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. I groaned and rubbed my temples with my cold hands, hoping that the cold would calm down the throbbing. It really didn't. I must've gotten wasted last night, although I believe I walked home sober? Zen probably knew what happened because he left before me. Speaking of which he seemed blank when he left. I would need to know what that was about.

I went out my room and closed the door slowly and quietly to make sure not to wake up Sasha who was probably sleeping, as it was still her day away from her work. I move down the stairs and to the living room, where Zenix was seriously typing on his laptop on the couch. There was a mug with coffee in it next to him, he must've not slept so well.

"Zen." I called out to him as he looked up at me. "I think I got wasted last night, did I do anything stupid?"

"Nah, just kept tripping over your feet."

"Good, Are doing homework?"

"No, no not really, just something I am working on." Zen looked at his screen again.

"Okay." I wasn't going to ask him what he's doing if he is uncomfortable with me knowing.

I went to sit on the couch, as soon as I did Zen flinched. It was small but just notice able. He could've done it because he hasn't talked to anyone all morning and I suddenly showed up. or it could be that he is scared of me being closer. My untrusting mind instantly went to the second option. I turned on the Tv to get my mind off of it. It really didn't. I kept glancing at zen over and over again.

"Yes?" Zenix said finally noticing me.

"Uh you know I love you right?" I said leaning close to him.

"Y-yeah? why?" I stood up and closed his laptop sitting on the floor in front of the couch staring directly at him.

"You seem off."

"Oh so that is what this is about." He groaned.

"Please tell me." I sounded desperate, I picked up his hand as I saw him start fidgeting.

"Uh... last not, when you were drunk-."

"Oh Irene." Drunk isn't the best way to start a sentence.

"And you said something." Zenix whispered as he looked at our holding hands.

"Do you mind telling me." I said softly. If I talk to loud I would seem dominate, that would seem demanding, which is the last thing the boy needs.

"It was about... about high school." I could tell he wanted to cry.

"Zen, I am so sorry." I hugged him, slowly so it wouldn't scare him.

I was wearing a black tank top and he was wearing a jacket, that added warmth to the already warm Zenix. My arms were wrapped around his neck on top of his shoulders as me cheek pressed against his. Zen was hugging me slightly, it was a lot looser than I was holding him.

"You can hold on tighter y'know?"

"THATS GAY." Shouted someone from the kitchen, dammit Sasha.

"Shut up." I said in response, still not to loud.