22

Zenix' pov
I watched him leave the room for the last time time. I waited for him to turn back and apologise for being over dramatic. He didn't.

I went down stairs to be greeted by a Sasha who was in the middle of eating a boiled potato. I decided to ignore the fact that she was just eating it in the middle of the kitchen for breakfast and proceeded to ask about Gene.

"He texted me to tell you to apologise, he wouldn't tell me the context." She continued to loudly bite into the potato.

"He thinks I said something from years ago." I paused to sigh and push my hand through my hair that I swore was going to fall out from all this stress. "Which I didn't and it's not even important."

"Well, it seems important to him. He also remembers things that happened more than once if I may point out," Sasha talked about him, not even staring at my face.

"I...guess. I don't- give me a moment to think."

The over view is that Gene remembers that I commented on... his weight. He only remembers things that happens often. He said it was important. He was facing self issues most likely.

.

.

.

And I couldn't..... wouldn't help him. Shhiiiiiiiiiii-

"I'm going to the Katelyn and kawaii~chans house."

"Okay?"

-

I was in front of the girls house. Normally I would be doing double take, but all that came to mind would be Gene inside feeling like someone important didn't try to help him.

"I want to apologise," I said walking past Katelyn who was at the door to Gene.

Gene who was on the couch with Silver next to him his eyes seemed red and unimpressed at my presence. Silver stood up trying to remain calm and left suggesting to katelyn to do the same. So they were gone.

"Okay..." Gene looked down, I sat next to him and held his hand that was cold.

"I'm sorry, I know what I did wrong. Just remind me to think more. Sorry."

"You regret what you said."

"Absolutely"

"Okay, forgiven....but I'm done."

"What?"

"I think we should stay friends, it was fun while it lasted but now it's nothing." He took his hand away from me. Need to admit I never thought I would miss something so cold and shaky.

"...I don't think I will accept that..." I had liked him for to long. I had done too much to help him like me. To try to convince myself a didn't like him. What. What even is going on? I felt everything around me become dizzy.

"I deserve more."

He stood up and left. He walked calmly into a wall. Wait no my sights still spinning.

"It's hard." Talsie called from the kitchen, I realised she had been listening to our conversation. "Just breathe, then think. Would it help more to let go or to hold on?"

Making sure not to hesitate I said, "Hold on."

".... prove it to him, I guess."