14

Gene's pov

I was sitting at the kitchen table with Sasha across from me as Zenix worked in the kitchen and I texted some friend on the phone. Then I glanced up at Sasha for a moment to see that she was staring at me with content.

"Are you okay," I whispered to her.

"What did you do to Zenix?" She said as she leaned over the table to whisper in my face.

"What do you mean," I snapped, she shouldn't know.

"Don't lie to me, I saw you kiss him." She shifted back into her seat.

"Jealous." I insisted.

"As if. Are you dating?"

"We like each other." No point in lying to somebody we live with.

"Okay. Okay." She finally sunk back into her chair.

Time skip to tomorrow.

We all sat in the car as we drove to a pride festival. All was quit.

"Are you guys dating yet?" Sasha asked calmly from the passenger seat.

"Nothing else has happened since we kissed."

"Are you calling our ice-cream we shared nothing?" Zenix gasped referring to last nights dinner.

"AW honey no-."

"WAIT YOU TOLD SASHA!" Zenix lost it as I heard him scream from the back seat

"She is our room mate." I tilted my head looking to the side.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK ME?"

"Okay, I will next time just relax."

"FINE. Its questioning pride day."

"Questioning meaning someone who is still deciding?" I asked for confirm as he replied with a hum as I could tell he went on his phone.

"....There are dedicated days in pride month," Sasha asked. She isn't LGBT+, we just brought her along anyway because she likes coming to these things.

"Yes, Yesterday was non binary day and the last few days are - homoromantic, biromantic, pan romantic and aromantic."

"UNDERSTOOD."

I pulled up into the parking lot which was next to a park that was alive with colours, confetti and people with flags and face painting. I was wearing a shirt colour coded with the pan flag colours and Zenix bought a flag that he just carried around as Sasha wore her straight ally shirt, smiling at everyone who past. 'For him' by troye Sivan playing faintly in the background.

"That's not a real thing!" I heard some one shout, after looking around I saw they were shouting it at a person who held the Asexual sign.

"Lay off! We don't come to pride to be discriminated against!" Sasha yelled exaggerating her movements as she jumped constantly once she turned around.

The guy looked at us with annoyance and distaste, especially Me. We just completely ignored him, shooting blank disapproving looks where our eyebrows slightly creased and slightly titled down mouths at the edges. We continued to walk as a group before waiting next to Sasha who was getting a rainbow painted onto her face. She was really giddy all day.

Soon we found ourselves laying down at the park on soft grass, the sun setting, a stage in front of us as people would say prepared speeches and everyone else with us. There were a few coming out stories, struggles or relationships. One girl even proposed to her lover who was non binary.

During on the stories of somebody coming out I threw my arm around Zen and kissed his head gently. It was cold so this was an act of affection along with warmth.