24

Camping trip. Camping trip. Camping trip. Camping trip. Part 1. 

Zenix' pov

Garroth had invited Gene and me to a 'manly men' camping trip with a few of his friends. By a few of his friends, I mean all of his friends because he hardly has any. And he thought we wouldn't have changed since high school. We were along a rather deserted road, with most farms on our sides.

"Are we there yet?" Garroth, who was in the passenger seat asked Zane, the driver.

"Would you keep quiet?"

"Depends, are we there yet?"

"I think we all need to calm down, It's hot and we've been driving for a while," Gene tried to call out to the morons, "What kind of place are we going."

"It's just in the royal national park near a lake! They have set up places for campers."

"Oh? we didn't bring a trailer so what kind of tents are we using?" Talsie asked.

"Wait, what are you doing here? I thought this was a man trip," Zane singled out the female.

"I am a man."

"No you're wearing a fake moustache," Zane continued to win pessimist of the hour award.

"Well, originally two pairs took the smaller tents and a three pair took the kind of bigger one, but that won't work since Talsie needs her own-" Laurence was explaining.

"I don't need my own."

"It's for safety precautions, She will need one of her own so three would need to share a smaller one," Dante finished.

The time went by in the minivan as it only grew hotter and everyone got only more agitated. Garroth had fallen asleep and now snored so loud. Laurence put in earplugs. Zane began screaming with red veiny eyes which eventually woke Garroth up who began screaming from being woken by loud noises. Now Laurence screamed along with them to shut up.

Dante opened the car door and jumped out, all of us screamed at that one. Zane was shouted at to stop the car. We got him back in the van in no time, he was going to get a few bruises and was covered in dirt but nothing majorly bad happened.

"What year is it," That was the first thing Travis said all day.

"1949," I responded jokingly.

"Wait no that's too early."

"2002."

"Yeah, I guess that works."

Soon we finally pulled over to camping grounds and got out of the car, Gene actually kissed the ground out of joy. The site was a nice place. There were a beautiful river and a few eremophila flowers near the lake. I only know those are eremophila flowers because... Gene bought Sasha and me a bundle of them in high school on valentines day, we didn't have dates.

Not that it matters.

Not to me.

"Hey, Zenix!" I jumped slightly realising I had been looking at the river for a while now, it was Gene, "...Are you okay."

"Peachy."

"Okay, we were saying that you, Laurence and myself will share a two-person tent, Since Zane hates all of us," He said he understood that I was 'peachy' but looked like he wanted to ask questions.

-----

I don't update because I am worth it.