12

Zenix' Pov

The time was two am as I excited the university where I took my night classes. It was pitch black and everything was still except for my foot steps. Directly in front of the school was gene's car parked with him inside it with the lights turned on. I smiled to my self before making my way over to it and sitting in the passenger seat.

"How was it?" Gene said as he started the car and we began driving.

"Amazing, we went over a maths problem and- you know how our teacher teaches us like the teachers did to freshman?"

"So I have been told by you."

"Well he asked 'what is the opposite to a prime number', and this girl next to me responded, 'bumble bee'." I began laughing as I thought about it.

"I don't get it." he said dead serious.

"Its a transformers joke, you know? Optimise prime and bumble bee?" I said as my laughter died down but I was still smiling.

"Oh, I see." Gene smiled.

"It's not funny when you need to explain it." I groaned.

"Well, sorry for not being invested in 'popular' culture." Gene chuckled before focusing on the road.

Silence.

"About what happened Zenix-" Gene started then stopped as he began to think on what to say. "Maybe we can go on a date?"

"Why not just go to a pride parade or the pride festival?" I suggested.

"I want to do that but maybe not as a date. I've been there before, People would kiss you left and right as tradition." OOooooO gene sounded jealous. "We could go to that jazz club down the road."

"but maybe you'll get drunk." My face visibly dropped, I don't know if he could see it through the darkness and him focusing on the road.

"I'll be the sober boyfriend."

"Boyfriend." I said mockingly while empathising it so much.

"Don't tease me, Zen."

"hah okay." I stopped talking and looked out the window until we got back home, once we did: "Yo gene, want to kiss while we are here?"

"...No..."He said sarcastically.

I undid my seat belt and leaned over to his seat. It was slow. I had kissed him before but that wasn't really 'soft', if that makes sense. gene put his hand behind my head and pushed me into him more. I felt my stomach invert, invert as in a weird feeling that I was adoring strangely. I backed up, then left the car hearing Genes complaints.