20

I don't know if some people might get an issue with this chapter, but there is a weight amount issue reference.

Zenix' pov

"Good night." Gene opened my door slightly just to say that.

"Good night? It's nine?"

"Nobody slept last night." Gene stared at me with a blank face and seemed like he was waiting or something.

"Right, do you want to sleep on my bed?"

"...yes."

Gene had just ran and jumped next to me on the other side of my bed. He pulled the covers up higher to climb into the bed, head firsts leaving his feet at the top of the bed.

"Gene."

"Yeah, yeah." Gene moved to put his head on my other pillow, that I wasn't on. He stared at me.

I shoved my self forward closer to him until our chest were pressed against each other's. Legs intertwining. I pulled my arms to push them around his neck and held him tight. It's weird how we hug people so tight even when we are as close as we can get, it's like we are trying to merge our souls.

"Sorry for dragging you to the sleepover."

"No, I needed to apologise to everyone."

"Dammit, you didn't though." Gene closed his eyes as he continued to talk.

"Maybe not, but they still know me better now and it's harder to judge someone if you know them more."

"Do you ever judge me?"

"You don't understand what a meme is, of course I do. Actually we don't have so much in common."

"Our humour is kind of correlated, I guess."

"Yeah."

"Do you remember when we talked over our problems for the first time?" Gene hesitated a lot, in a way that told me he didn't know exactly what to say.

"Yes, once I got out of high school."

"Uh Yeah, I remember you said 'I'm the thin one out of us'."

"I did?"

"Yes, I don't remember the context of it."

"I don't remember saying that."

"..." I could see his already closed eyes flinch.

"What's up?"

"Um the memory is in my head, could you apologise for it?"

"I didn't say that."

"But could you anyway." There was a space after the 'but'.

"Goodnight Gene." I kissed him gently on the lips.

He was strange, to bring something up like that. I won't apologise for it I don't remember it. That seems pointless.