16

Gene's pov

Date night.

We had finished a day at work and Zenix didn't have any night school on this said Tuesday.

"Sasha, Zenix and I are going to a bar."

"Uh, You sure that's a good idea?"

"Number one, It's a date. Number two, I am the staying clear from the alcohol."

"You better."

I was wearing my casual clothes along with some 'damn Dennis' white vans. Once we were in the car I pointed out my shoes telling Zenix about how hip I am with the kids, He cringed but laughed. He has a nice laugh. Sometimes he laughs with a psycho look and a raspy voice in a weird cynical way, but not this time. It was more genuine.

"Gene, what criminal charge would you like to be immune to?" Zenix asked as we were still in car, trying to start an interesting conversation.

"Man slaughter."

Silence. Long.

Silence.

"There's a parking space." Zen pointed out through the weird silence.

"Thank you honey."

"No, call me explosion murder."

"Where did you get that name from."

"A show."

"Which one?"

"An anime called my hero academia."

"I haven't heard of that one."

"Well, there must be flaws in everyone."

We got into the bar and sat at a small round table with two chairs surrounding it. There was a jazz band playing up on the stage along with cheers of drunk groups. Zenix and I ordered  chicken schnitzel and chips/fries, being the classy dudes we are. 

"Screw my diet."

"If you are trying to get buff, you need to eat more meat."

"I know, but I am lazy."

"Don't you go on morning jogs?"

"Yes, why?"

"Maybe I could come some time?"

"I don't know if you could keep up." He said mocking me with a smile as he leaned onto his hand which was being held up by his elbow on the table..

"Hah, You wish I couldn't."