06

Zenix's pov

It was still Sunday and Gene had left me on the couch to take a shower. I typed on my computer for a little longer until here was a ring at the doorbell. I went to answer it as I was already in my casual clothes. Relatives, friends, neighbours, I mentally made up the possibilities. What I didn't want to see was my ex boyfriend standing there with flowers. I starred directly at the flowers before saying.

"Did you leave something over at my house?"

"No, no, Zenix, I am so sorry for what you saw." Kale began talking away.

"Yeah I bet you are." I tried closing the door but he shoved his hand through the space left before it would close to open it and walked in.

Kale pushed himself into my house and began to kiss me, not apologetically. In a way that said he felt alone now that I left, "Go home, kale..."

"I bet you are already trading me for that guy you live with." He spat in a moment of rage.

"Go home."

"Fine." Kale gave me a heavy glare before leaving.

I touched my lips, where he had kissed me. I don't miss him. I do, however, miss being kissed by anyone. Gene eventually came down, being fully dressed and still having dripping hair. I starred at him for a moment until he talked to break my thoughts. No, I wasn't thinking. I was blank.

"Who was at the door?"

"Uh Kale..." I tracked off looking to the side.

"Since it's almost half day how about we go eat out at the mall?" He said desperately trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, that sounds okay."

Time skip

We were just eating frozen yoghurt as we had already finished our sandwiches, mine had melted already though. It was a hot day. All was going well until zane showed up.

"Oh? Are you two on a date?" Zane said, although he sounded like he was mocking us.

"No." Gene said before looking at his frozen yoghurt then back at Zane. "If you came here to make fun of us you need to give strong insults."

"What? I honestly don't care, I just don't want you guys hanging around Aphs house again."

"Why should we listen to you?" I spat at him.

"don't get frisky with me!"

Gene suddenly picked up my melted frozen yoghurt and poured it above zane head. I grabbed my hand and took his yoghurt and began running past zane.

"Imbeciles!" Zane shouted at us. We were to busy laughing at the scene while running to the car park.

Once there we took a few moments to calm down and quit laughing. Once we did Gene smiled at me and handed his frozen yoghurt to me.

"No, I'm fine."

"Awww, what if we share it." Gene insisted.

"Yeah sure."

Gene dipped some in the spoon and tried to feed me. I felt ridiculous but I eventually gave up and took it. He would feed me then himself until it was all gone. I was honestly disappointed when he ran out. He began driving home and I leaned against the car door covering my smile with my hand.