23

Gene's pov
I was at Dante and Travis' house. I had time to spare so figured it would be fine to hangout with him.

"So it's totally over?"

"Can we not talk about it?"

Dante and I sat on his couch with a game of Mario kart halfway through.

"Did you hear Cat is the president now?"

"Oh yeah that's cool." I focused my eyes on the Tv. Dante snapped his fingers in front of my eyes with a heavy sigh. When I actually looked at the tv this time I realised I wasn't even paying attention and just was just steering into a wall.

"Is it really messing with your head this much?" Dante put his remote. That fool doesn't realise the loss he will face. I shall win this game.

"Hm?"

"Zenix." Dante clicked his tongue, "dude who you've known since highschool? Totally anti social and the one person I wouldn't let hold my slushy as I go to the bathroom? Dude who is a, pardon my language, douchbaguette."

"I'm fine. It happened like a month ago. Besides it isn't like I lost anything if we are still friends," I smiled and played Mario kart. A really unconvincing smile.

"When someone is 'fine' they say 'it's all good, bro' not 'I'm fine.' I told you to leave him yes, but is it better to be with him or not? Does it hurt more to be away. And you've been ignoring so him so maybe you did lose something." After our fight I had told Dante about the whole ordeal and he explained that I would be better off without him.

"We hardly dated, it was just a small flicker that burned out..."

"...maybe your relationship would've lasted longer if you didn't buy those crocs."

"But they are so cool."

"Oh Gene."

I like my light up-roller-sneaker crocs, complete with knee high automatic heating socks.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

This is some high quality writing thank you.