Ch 5. Contact

Song Nanchuan was watching her, the corners of his lips raised up.

A staff member came up to the director and told him that Song Nanchuan had arrived. The director told everyone to take a break and headed off to where Song Nanchuan was.

"CEO Song, how did you make the time to visit the set today?" Meeting with this major shareholder, the director was extremely courteous.

Song Nanchuan nodded to him and said, "I made the trip over to learn a few things."

"CEO Song, you hold us to too high of an esteem." The director's face creased with a smile. "CEO Song, did you see the scene we were just filming? What did you think?"

Song Nanchuan responded, "I'm not very knowledgeable about acting. On that front, Director Liang, you're still the professional."

Director Liang laughed courteously, and then he really spoke about the acting. "The scene just now was the female lead meeting a famous model, Shi Jing. Tao Tao would be considered as having more acting experience, but she was just completely overtaken by Pei Ying."

Hearing the director mention Pei Ying, Song Nanchuan asked, "Director Liang, what do you think of Pei Ying's acting?"

Director Liang thought for a moment, and then said, "In terms of skill, Pei Ying is better than Tao Tao. But, how do you say it, this girl's fate is just bad. None of the roles she's played before really showed off her abilities. And..." He decided to leave things there and turned to the topic of Tao Tao. "Tao Tao is more personable, so it's easier for her to mix into the entertainment circles."

Song Nanchuan smiled, and didn't make a comment about being 'personable.'"

Song Nanchuan was basically a light source. Standing together with the director, he attracted the eyes of the entire crew, and a lot of the staff were quietly discussing Song Nanchuan. Sitting beside Pei Ying, Tao Tao waited a moment, and then got up and walked toward Song Nanchuan.

"Hello, CEO Song. I'm Scenic Studio's Tao Tao and the female lead for 'Light Shines on Raiment of Rainbow.'" Tao Tao smiled at Song Nanchuan and greeted him graciously, neither acting too pleased nor too cool.

Song Nanchuan smiled and nodded, "Hello."

Face still full of smiles, Tao Tao said, "CEO Song, are you here to inspect our work? I wonder if you're satisfied by my acting as the female lead?"

Song Nanchuan smiled and said, "I'm not much of an expert in this field, but Director Liang seems to think highly of you."

Director Liang chuckled. Since Tao Tao had already some over, he decided to call Pei Ying over as well. He turned to the resting Pei Ying and waved her over. "Xiao Pei, you should come over too."

Pei Ying had actually been secretly watching them from the side, but she was still caught off guard. She didn't expect to be a part of anything as a walk-on.

She put away the expectation and nervousness she felt, and walked over to Song Nanchuan on her long legs. "Hello, CEO Song."

Song Nanchuan smiled at her. "Hello, Ms. Pei. We meet again."

Tao Tao's ears perked up. The director also grew very curious, but understanding the rules of things, he didn't ask about it further. "CEO Song made a special appearance on the set today, so make a good showing, everyone."

Pei Ying and Tao Tao agreed, and then the director's eyes landed on the still-resting Yu Kaize. Customarily, as the male lead in this project, Yu Kaize should come over to greet Song Nanchuan. But this young master wouldn't move after being invited over, and the rest could only laugh awkwardly and continue chatting.