Ch 17.1

Pei Ying’s heart started pounding, like a seed that had been buried deep in her heart finally breaking through the ground.

There seemed to be strange emotions flowing around. She looked at Song Nanchuan silently, and the air around them slowly increased, bit by bit.

“Pardon, your orders have arrived. Raw oyster with sour cream sauce.” Once again, the waiter arrived in a timely manner and placed their orders down onto the table.

“Thank you.” Pei Ying finally broke away from Song Nanchuan’s gaze and looked at the plate of oysters.

Song Nanchuan wasn’t stuck on their previous conversation and naturally started chatting with Pei Ying about other things.

The meal was a very joyous one. Not only was the food delicious and suited to Pei Ying’s tastes, she’d had an easy time getting to know Song Nanchuan as well. Moreover, she realized that with Song Nanchuan’s face across from her, her appetite was even better than usual.

For dessert, they had the ice cream that the waiter recommended.

“Twilight’s patissier is Jonathan, and he’s very famous in that line of work. Especially his macarons. You eat them once and you’ll have a hard time forgetting them.” Song Nanchuan laughed as he looked across at Pei Ying eating her ice cream.

“Mm, his macarons are super famous. They’re one of Yu family’s classic desserts.” Unfortunately, their price matched their quality and reputation, so she’d only eaten them twice before.

Song Nanchuan said, “I ordered a macaron birthday cake made by Jonathan for your birthday.”

“??!” Before Pei Ying could even express her surprise, the waiter brought over the cake and politely wished her a happy birthday.

“Happy birthday.” Sitting under the light, Song Nanchuan gave a smile.

“Th-thank you,” Pei Ying stuttered. She realized that Song Nanchuan was especially handsome that night, so much so that she couldn’t even look at him straight on.

She pulled out her phone and shot an embarrassed smile at Song Nanchuan. “Can I take a photo? It’s just too cute.”

“Of course.”

Pei Ying happily took a picture of the macaron cake, before picking up a pink macaron and taking a bite. “Oh, it’s so good. Strawberry flavored! The almond shell is crisp and the inside is super soft and carries a thick strawberry milk smell! There’s also strawberry jam sandwiched between!”

It was so good, her spirit nearly flowed out of her body. She could have another!

Song Nanchuan laughed and said, “So that means that girl’s soft breasts aren’t famous.” (Note: I have no clue how to translate this, but I guess it’s a joke that has to do with the character su, which is used for both the words crisp (macaron shell) and soft (breasts) or something…)

Pei Ying, “…”

Did that count as a perverted joke?

She coughed and handed a macaron to Song Nanchuan. “You should try it.”

Song Nanchuan smiled and accepted it.

Pei Ying, “…”

Why did it feel so strange?! It really was true that all guys had such dirty minds!

After Song Nanchuan finished eating the macaron that Pei Ying handed him, he wiped his hands with his napkin. “You said that you like Qiong Julia?”

Pei Ying nodded. “Yeah. She’s really pretty. The female stars now don’t have the same charm as her. My favorite was her movie, ‘Sunday.’ She was seriously perfect in every second of it!”