Ch 30

After their hotpot meal at Pei Ying’s place, the staffers returned to the studio for work in the afternoon. Pei Ying stayed at home to clean up a bit. When she got tired, she laid down on the sofa to rest.

She pulled out her phone and swiped through her friend’s feeds.

Song Nanchuan still hadn’t posted anything to his feed, and he hadn’t even sent a message. Pei Ying thought that when news went out about her stalker, he’d have at least texted her to ask about it. Then she would have been able to continue their conversation, and they would have naturally made up.

But Song Nanchuan hadn’t contacted her even once. Pei Ying’s pretty brows knit together as she stared at the words “Bastard Song” on her screen.

How long was he going to keep up this cold war? As a man, couldn’t he just say something first? Moreover, this all started because of his actions. Was she supposed to make the move to reconcile?

Pei Ying scrunched up her face and tossed her phone aside. When she’d left, she hadn’t taken anything with her. She’d even left behind those cats at his house. She wondered if he had been feeding them or not.

With a still irritated expression, she reached over and picked up her phone. She took a photo of her new place and, after adding some filters, she posted it to her feed. “Moved to a new place ^-^”

Not long after, lots of people had already liked her photo, but there was no sign of Song Nanchuan.

That afternoon, Song Nanchuan was having a meal with a client. It was nearly two o’clock when they left the hotel’s restaurant.

In the lobby, Song Nanchuan ran into Xie Han. She was wearing a long, white dress and looked much more fresh and innocent than before.

“CEO Song, what a coincidence.” Xie Han shot him a smile and walked over to greet him.

Song Nanchuan nodded to her and asked, “Ms Xie, are you here for a meal?”

“I am.”

“Then I won’t interrupt you.”

Xie Han, “….”

“I’ve already finished eating.” A lustful expression appeared on her face as she watched Song Nanchuan start to walk away. She quickly caught up to him and said, “CEO Song, since we’ve met, why don’t we have a cup of coffee?”

“I’m sorry, I still have business to take care of.” After he finished speaking, his eyes swept around the room before he made an exit.

Xie Han had wanted to follow him, but she was held back by Xiao Zhang. “Ms Xie, I’m sorry, CEO Song still has business to attend to.”

Xie Han reluctantly smiled at him and said, “If that’s the case, I’ll invite him again next time.”

Xiao Zhang smiled back at her, and without saying any more, he turned to leave.

In the car, Xiao Zhang asked Song Nanchuan, “CEO Song, how did Xie Han know you were at this restaurant?”

Song Nanchuan responded, “Shouldn’t I be asking you that? Who leaked out my schedule?”

“…I’ll check it out when we get back to the office.” Xiao Zhang felt like he’d just dug himself a hole to jump into. “Previously, Xie Han called a reporter over to intentionally get photographed together. Do you think she’ll try the same stint?”

Song Nanchuan muttered uncertainly and then said, “I felt like there was someone taking photos of us back there.” After being together with Pei Ying, he seemed to have gained an extra sense for sniffing out cameras.