Ch 41

Pei Ying’s assistant and one of her bodyguards stayed behind at the scene to wait for the police, as the other bodyguard escorted her to the audition.

On the car ride over, Pei Ying took care of her wounds. She frowned slightly as she considered how the car accident came to be.

That car had clearly charged at them, but she didn’t have any enmity with anyone. If she had to pick someone who she’d had a history with, the only person she could think of would be Xie Han.

As if recalling something, she flipped open her copy of The Performer to read.

The audition would be starting soon. She couldn’t get distracted. Whatever else there was, she’d have to wait until after the audition to deal with it.

Although she’d been delayed a bit, she still arrived to the audition on time. All the other actresses had already arrived, and as Song Nanchuan had said, Li Sisi and Ni Bai were both present.

Xie Han as well.

Her eyes met with Pei Ying’s, and then she immediately dropped them to look at the phone in her hand. Pei Ying’s eyes trembled just a bit, as she felt her suspicions becoming confirmed.

The car accident wasn’t intended to take anyone’s life. It was simply meant to create a story, to delay her course.

“Ms Pei has arrived.” When he saw Pei Ying, Universe’s organizer walked over to her. “The audition will begin in half an hour. Please come with me for your makeup and wardrobe.”

Pei Ying was taken a bit by surprise. “Wardrobe?”

“Yes. Teacher Xing Xin wanted for everyone to be dressed like Zhao Yue, to see who matched the best with the character,” the organizer explained.

“So it’s like that.” No wonder she felt that Xie Han’s attire didn’t seem like her usual look.

“We’ve prepared five outfits and the actresses picked which they wanted to wear. Since you’re the last to arrive, there’s only one outfit left.” The organizer pulled out the last outfit.

It was a red qipao [t/n: a qipao or cheongsam is a form-fitting, traditional dress], with a buttoned collar and very detailed and delicate embroidery. When Pei Ying saw it, her eyes lit up.

“This qipao is beautiful,” she couldn’t help admiring.

The representative smiled and said, “The real outfit is even more stunning. I hope to have the chance to see you wearing it.”

“Thank you. I hope so too.” Pei Ying smiled at him and accepted the dress. “I’ll go change first.”

“Okay. When you’re done, a professional stylist will help you with the rest.”

Pei Ying changed into the qipao and looked at her reflection in the mirror. Although the outfit hadn’t been tailored specifically for her, it still fit very well. The hem of the dress was above her knees and there was a slit on the right side. It didn’t go up very far though, so when she walked, nothing was exposed.

The qipao was the piece of clothing that most reflected a woman’s gentle beauty and charm. The close-fitting and smooth design only added to Pei Ying’s hotness.

When she exited the changing room, the representative’s eyes couldn’t help glancing over her legs. Li Sisi and Ni Bai, who were both still in the dressing room, also turned to look.

“Pei Pei, wearing a qipao really brings out your sexiness,” Xie Han said, while sitting on the sofa.

Pei Ying smiled and thanked her. Then she heard a female voice call to her, “Ms Pei, please take a seat and I’ll help you with your makeup.”