Ch 19

After she finished filming the high heel advertisement, Pei Ying’s next project was recording a new song.

Chen Sheng sought out a song for her called ‘Blooming.’ The lyricist and composer were both famous in the music industry. The song had a very j-pop feel to it, but the arranger went with a piano accompaniment, so it sounded very graceful and relaxing.

The lyrics to the song were also very beautiful, using the imagery of a blooming flower to represent a person’s maturation.

If there was anything to pick at with the song, it would be that it was very difficult to sing.

…Why did she have to go up against a final boss like Qiao Yichen with such a difficult task??

Pei Ying was listless by the time she finished learning the song. Her singing didn’t even seem satisfactory to herself, let alone Qiao Yichen.

But her appointment at the recording studio wasn’t going to wait for her. Once again, she stood outside the doors to the recording studio and felt… If he’ll scold her, let it be! She could handle it!

She knocked on the closed door and someone quickly opened it for her. When the person saw her, his eyes glistened. With a smile, he greeted, “Ms Pei, hello. I’m the audio engineer.”

Pei Ying courteously nodded to him. “Hello.”

The audio engineer turned and politely invited her inside. “Boss Qiao’s already arrived.”

As she heard these words, Pei Ying’s eyes landed on a tall figure.

Qiao Yichen was wearing a black suit, and he seemed exactly the same as he did three years ago.

Mm… Except for the fact that he’d gotten married.

Last year, news suddenly came out that Qiao Yichen had secretly gotten married to singer Ding Meng. Pei Ying was shocked. She’d been witness to the couple’s tyrannical exchanges on Weibo.

But since Qiao Yichen had gotten married, his temper should have gotten a little better… Right?

“Mr Qiao, hello.”

She smiled at him and gave a short greeting. Qiao Yichen simply nodded and asked, “Did you learn the song yet?”

“I’ve learned it…”

“Then head into the recording room.”

“Okay…” Pei Ying braced herself and headed into the room.

The piano intro sounded and at the right beat, Pei Ying started singing, “In the season where everything withers, you and I have become insincere…”

“Stop.” The first time that Qiao Yichen stopped her, he said, “Is your voice so dried out because all the nutrients went into your legs?”

Pei Ying, “…”

In his head, the audio engineer spat in contempt at Qiao Yichen. His expression was so indifferent, but he’d secretly taken note of her legs?

“Do it again,” Qiao Yichen commanded. The intro sounded played once more. This time, Pei Ying seemed to have adjusted her voice properly. But before she could take a second breath, she was stopped at the same spot.

Hearing Qiao Yichen’s “Stop,” caused her heart to tremble.

Standing outside, Qiao Yichen watched her with his arms crossed. “What have you been doing for three years? I only agreed to work on this because Chen Sheng said you’d improved a lot from back then.”