Ch 10. Date

Song Nanchuan was standing in front of the car, wearing a light colored suit. Behind him, the street was busy with cars and the occasional peach blossom blew by in the wind.

The image was just like a painting. Pei Ying stared at him a moment before finally lifting her foot to walk towards him.

Song Nanchuan looked at her as well. A red, single piece dress, paired with red, pointy heels. Her legs were made even more slender. Her waist length hair flowed down her back, breathtaking as an ink colored lake.

He smiled at her and then straightened up. "Good afternoon."

"Good afternoon." Pei Ying responded, a bit shy.

Song Nanchuan smiled and helped her open the car door. After she situated herself inside, he closed the door, and walked to the other side to get in. Under the afternoon sun, the car rolled forward unhurriedly. Song Nanchuan turned his head to look at Pei Ying, his lips curving into a smile. "I haven't seen you in a few days, and you seem to have gotten even prettier."

Pei Ying's face blushed slightly. "It's probably because of my makeup and clothes today." It took more than an hour, so it was nice to know that it wasn't done in vain.

Song Nanchuan smiled but didn't respond. Pei Ying asked, "Oh yeah, what kind of concert are we going to today?"

Song Nanchuan pulled out two tickets from his bag and handed them to Pei Ying. "Zhou Yiran's concert."

Pei Ying nodded lightly. She looked at the introduction on the ticket. "Zhou Yiran, ah. I saw some ads about this concert on Weibo. He's pretty famous."

Song Nanchuan raised his brow. "He's more famous outside of the country."

Pei Ying gave a sound of acknowledgment, and then said, "This is a VIP ticket. It must be quite sought after. Your friend is pretty generous."

Song Nanchuan laughed. Xiao Gu was the one who gave him the tickets, and if you traced it back from there, it was Zhou Yiran who'd personally given the tickets to Xiao Gu's wife. He wasn't sure what kind of love or hate relationship there was between the three, but in the end, the tickets ended up in his hands.

He opened his tablet and looked up some news about that night's concert to give an introduction to Pei Ying.

"Wow, 'Girl in the Sea,' That's my phone's ringtone!" Pei Ying pulled out her phone and opened the song. "Mine is the violin version."

Song Nanchuan listened to it and then slightly raised his brows at Pei Ying. "Do you like this song a lot?"

"Mm! I like the violin version the most. I've been using this ringtone for more than a year and a half now!"

When he saw her slightly childish actions, Song Nanchuan chuckled.

The low sound of laughter notified Pei Ying of her gaffe. A bit embarrassed, she turned off the song on her phone. "Sorry..."

"It's fine." Song Nanchuan smiled as he looked at her. "I just thought that you were really cute like that."

Pei Ying's face reddened several shades. After she put the phone back into her bag, she continued looking at the concert introduction.

Not long after, the car arrived at Starlight Theater. There were already quite a few cars parked in front. Pei Ying and Song Nanchuan walked side by side into the concert hall. They found their seats and sat down.

Before the concert started, Pei Ying looked around. The hall was already filled with people, anxiously awaiting the first performance.

"Have you listened to Zhou Yiran's piano pieces before?" Song Nanchuan suddenly asked her.