Ch 8. Yearning

After Pei Ying returned home, Song Nanchuan's words still lingered in her head.

She pat her chest, her heart still pounding. Then she texted Ren Shanshan, "Shanshan, do you still remember the breakfast I posted to my friend feed? Song Nanchuan saw it and then sent me some recipes. And now he's given me all the ingredients to make the recipes."

[Ren Shanshan] ...So instead of sleeping in the middle of the night, you're here to show off? (smile)

[Pei Ying] No, I just think that... Do you think he wants to pursue me? (shy)

[Ren Shanshan] I think he wants to bed you. (smile)

Pei Ying, "..."

This old driver, Ren Shanshan, was really too filthy-minded. (Note: I guess 'old driver' means experienced person? I'm not super up on the internet slang, so apologies in advance if I mess them up or don't explain them...)

[Pei Ying] If you got to know him, you'd know that he was a true gentleman. (bye) And that tear birthmark is filled with restraint. (smile)

[Ren Shanshan] ...

[Ren Shanshan] If you're not scared a rogue is cultured, you should at least be scared that a pervert is patient

Pei Ying, "..."

She held her phone and thought for a moment. Then she sent another text, "Oh yeah, didn't I post that photo from the drama before? When I was leaving today, he told me not to post those kinds of photos to my friend feed anymore. What do you think he means?"

[Ren Shanshan] The photo that was all legs under the chest? What were his exact words?

[Pei Ying] I saw your photo. It was really pretty, but don't post those kinds of photos to your friend feed anymore. Mm, it was pretty much like that.

[Ren Shanshan] (smile) CEO Song wants to keep you for himself to lick and doesn't want anyone else to see you. Tsk tsk.

[Pei Ying] ...Do you have to be so vulgar?

[Ren Shanshan] The world was originally this vulgar. (smile)

[Pei Ying] ...But it was for the drama. Even if I don't post it to my friend feed, it'll show up on TV later anyway.

[Ren Shanshan] Wah...

[Ren Shanshan] Looks like CEO Song's going to have his fair share of jealousy~

Pei Ying, "..."

She closed her Weixin app, no longer wanting to chat with Ren Shanshan.

Over the next two days, Pei Ying once again lived her idling life. She didn't have to rush to the filming site early in the mornings anymore, but neither did she sleep away the day. Every day, she woke up at 8:30 and opened up the recipe that Song Nanchuan sent her. Then, with the ingredients he'd bought for her, she made a nutritious breakfast.

She took a picture of the breakfast she'd just finished making and then posted it to her friend feed.

Ever since Song Nanchuan left for his business trip, she hadn't received any messages from him. There weren't even any likes from him on her friend feed.

She didn't wait for Song Nanchuan's like though. After she finished eating, she carried out a pet bowl to feed the cat.

There was one more stray cat in the courtyard. Pei Ying crouched down and watched them eat. She let out a sigh. "Blackie, Flower, what do you guys think Chuan Chuan is doing right now? Is he very busy?"

"Meow~" Blackie and Flower responded casually as they ate.

Pei Ying sighed once more. Originally, she'd thought that Song Nanchuan was pursuing her, but once he left for his business trip, he'd forgotten her entirely. Seems like she wasn't that important after all.