Ch 51

After a month of continuous filming, the crew of The Performer finally had their first vacation.

Their location shoot finished smoothly, and with a wave of his long arm, Director Zhao sent everyone off on a three day vacation.

The entire crew was elated, like a storm had finally come after a long drought. Song Nanchuan, on the other hand, immediately frowned upon hearing this news. He personally gave Director Zhao a call, to have a heart to heart talk, to convince him that three days wouldn’t be sufficient to resolve his troubles with his wife.

The result of his probing was that the crew’s three day vacation became a five day vacation.

Although it wasn’t entirely to his expectations, Song Nanchuan knew to quit while he was ahead. To welcome Pei Ying, he’d made a special order to have the restaurant send over a big meal.

His timing was spot on too. Just after the delivery person left, Pei Ying’s van stopped in front of the villa.

Song Nanchuan walked out to greet her, and all the cats were also battling to be the first to reach her.

“Meow~”

As before, the cats circled around Pei Ying’s legs. Pei Ying put down her luggage and bent down to pet the black cat. “Blackie, you seem to have gotten fatter.”

Song Nanchuan helped her take in her luggage, and he said evenly, “If your shoot lasted a few days longer this time, Blackie would’ve had to give its name to you.”

Pei Ying, “….”

Was he picking on her for getting tanned? No manners!

Pei Ying pursed her lips and said, “I put on three layers of sunblock every day, but it didn’t help. The sun was just too strong.”

Song Nanchuan chuckled. He grabbed her luggage with one hand and Pei Ying’s hand with the other. Blackie and Flower followed them inside. Pei Ying lifted her hand up to see and uneasily asked, “Did I really get too dark?”

She thought it was okay. Though she’d gotten a bit darker, her skin was still a light skin-tone. She was still paler than a lot of people.

Song Nanchuan turned his head to her. “It’s fine. But when we get back from the sea, you’ll definitely be even darker.”

Pei Ying was startled. “We’re going to the sea? I thought we were going to visit your parents in C City?”

“Mmh. After that, we’re going to the seaside. The tickets are already reserved.” Their plans were ruined previously by Pei Xiujuan, and while this vacation wouldn’t be as long, it would still be happening. Later on, when they went on their honeymoon, they’d have more fun.

Pei Ying wasn’t sure what Song Nanchuan’s plans were. She frowned, thinking that there wouldn’t be enough time. “We only get five days off. I want to have a good rest too.”

“You can rest by the sea. We’re only going to one place. You’ll be able to rest.”

“Oh, okay then.” At least the seaside sounded refreshing and cool.

Pei Ying was too lazy to unpack her things, so she went to shower first. Then they had dinner. Song Nanchuan had ordered all the things she liked eating. Pei Ying looked around at the table, not sure where to start.

Song Nanchuan peeled a shrimp and put it in front of Pei Ying. Then he wiped his hands. “We’ll see my parents tomorrow. We’ll have to make sure you look nice. I already prepared your clothes, so you can try them on later.”