Ch 14. Paparazzi

Although the magazine editor's hunger for gossip was hard to resist, Song Nanchuan's overbearing, director-like aura stopped her restless footsteps.

With a laptop in her hands, she smiled at Pei Ying and gave a slight bow. "Ms Pei, hello. I'm Xiao Feng, and I'll be interviewing you."

Pei Ying quickly exited the game on her phone and sat up straight on the sofa. She nodded and said, "Ms Feng, hello."

"Hello, hello, you can just call me Xiao Feng." Xiao Feng's words were modest, but her impression of Pei Ying increased greatly.

She sat down across from Pei Ying, unable to keep her eyes from landing on Song Nanchuan. After her eyes met with his, she quickly turned away and gave a nervous and unsettled laugh.

Song Nanchuan looked at her and chuckled. "I'm not bothering you two by staying, am I?"

"Of course not, of course not!" Xiao Feng shook her head. Right now, she was more worried that she'd disturbed the two of them...

"Then you two can start. I promise to stay quiet."

"O-okay, ah." Xiao Feng gave another uneasy laugh. Then she looked at Pei Ying, "Then, shall we start?"

"Oh... Sure." Not only was Song Nanchuan's presence a burden to Xiao Feng, it was also a burden on Pei Ying. Was he going to sit here and listen to her interview? How embarrassing!

But making him leave was very rude. He was staying behind just to wait for her after all.

Pei Ying straightened up her neck and resettled herself on the sofa. "Let's start."

XY was a very serious magazine, so the questions they asked were also as such. Like he'd said, from start to end, Song Nanchuan remained very quiet. Xiao Feng and Pei Ying, who were gradually getting to business, quickly forgot about his presence.

"Ms Pei, your figure is amazing. Do you usually watch your diet?"

Pei Ying shook her head. "I don't really have any special diet, but my eating schedule is very standard and I make sure not to overeat. When I'm not busy, I'll do yoga at home or work on some jumping exercises."

"So that was it. Eating regular meals is also very important." Xiao Feng typed on her laptop as she continued to ask, "Then, Ms Pei, what do you enjoy eating ordinarily? Give us an introduction to some food."

"Oh, personally, I like seafood. If I go to a seafood buffet, I can eat twenty scallops in a single sitting. I'm not exaggerating."

Xiao Feng, "..."

Who was the one who just said not to overeat...

"Secondly, I prefer spicy food, like hotpot and the like. And I like having snacks too, like macarons and potato chips..."

Xiao Feng's face darkened as she listened to Pei Ying listing off food... Regular diet, my butt!

Song Nanchuan listened attentively at the side. A lot of the things Pei Ying was saying hadn't been mentioned in Xiao Zhang's notes. He was making use of his strong memory to remember all of it.

The short interview ended in ten minutes. Just like when she'd entered, Xiao Feng carried her laptop and gave a quick bow to Pei Ying. "Thank you for your cooperation, Ms Pei. This will be published with the next issue, and we'll send you a complimentary copy."

"Okay, thank you."

"You're welcome. Then I'll take my leave." Before she left, she gave a bow to Song Nanchuan. "CEO Song, goodbye."

Then she walked out.

Song Nanchuan stood up and walked in front of Pei Ying. He smiled and asked, "Are you hungry?"