Ch 44

After a night of romance, Pei Ying slept until noon the next day.

When she woke up, Song Nanchuan was already up and browsing on his computer. When he noticed Pei Ying stirring, he got up from his desk and walked over to her. He bent over and kissed her on the forehead. “You’re awake?”

“Mmh…” Pei Ying responded softly, her voice carrying a hint of drowsiness.

Song Nanchuan shot her a smile and asked, “You hungry?”

“Yeah.” Pei Ying responded much more crisply this time.

Song Nanchuan helped her up, his eyes sweeping over the marks on her body. “I called for breakfast to be delivered. When you’re done washing up, it should be here and you can eat.”

“Great.” Pei Ying wrapped herself in a blanket and sat up. She looked at Song Nanchuan and said, “Help me get some clothes.”

Song Nanchuan’s eyes swept over her again. Feigning ignorance, he asked, “Aren’t you already dressed?”

“…I don’t want to wear this. Help me get something else.”

Song Nanchuan’s eyes expressed something akin to “Watch what I’ll do with you.” [t/n: slight play on words with previous sentence] He went over to the dresser to find another set of sleepwear.

Pei Ying pursed her lips. Hey, just because I gave in a bit, it doesn’t mean I’m going to be obedient all the time, got it Mr Song?! No, that should be Song Savage!

Song Nanchuan found a normal nightgown for her and Pei Ying quickly changed. She went to the bathroom to wash her face, and when she returned, Song Nanchuan called to her, “The results of the police investigation on Xie Han are already out.”

Pei Ying was slightly taken aback. She walked over to the computer. “What’s the result?”

“Xie Han admitted to being the instigator of something, but she continues to insist that it was simply to delay you. She wants to settle with us, but I refused. The police will deal with things at their discretion.”

“Oh…” Pei Ying nodded as she glanced over the day’s headlines on Weibo. Then, she unintentionally saw the trending searches.

“Xie Han’s succession of financial backers?” Pei Ying’s eyes widened. That was a pretty explosive topic.

Song Nanchuan chuckled. He told her, “Some paparazzi released photos of her going into hotels with several different men. It was as thrilling as a movie.”

As he spoke, he clicked open the article. Pei Ying was stunned once more. “That’s the paparazzi who helped catch my stalker before.”

“Mmh, he seems to have become your fanboy. He was one of the main players in taking down Xie Han.”

Pei Ying, “….”

She pressed the keyboard to scroll down a bit, revealing a large photo.

This paparazzi must have followed Xie Han in the past as well. Everything in the article was known to be true. And though there had been more than a few articles about Xie Han’s affairs in the past, this was definitely the first time that someone had neatly summed up everything in a single post.

The photos were all of Xie Han, each time with a different male lead. There was a director, a producer, a screenwriter, set director… To put it succinctly, the entire crew.

Weibo exploded. Fans, antifans, and passersby all threw a kick.

“Xie Han sure did… go all out (laughing to tears)”