Ch 50

After the half hour break, the director’s attitude seemed to have improved greatly—Pei Ying felt that Song Nanchuan’s supervision at the side contributed to that a great deal as well.

Before the sky turned dark, the director called for the crew to pack up. At the same time, he organized the dinner plans for the night.

There’s a common saying that, where there are people, there will be food. This place often had filming crews coming in and out, so the restaurant industry moved in as well. Because of their geographical advantage, the restaurant prices were able to be set pretty high. So, at most, the director usually treated everyone to barbecue skewers. CEO Song, on the other hand, was able to make a restaurant reservation.

It was seriously that extravagant.

The lunchbox-eating crew rarely had such a chance to improve their meals, so all of them were excited with bright faces. Pei Ying didn’t take the company van, but instead rode with Song Nanchuan in his Maybach. Emperor Mo also pulled his wife into his beloved Bentley.

Without any way to guard against it, the director had two consecutive swords plunged into him. His heart hurt so that he nearly had trouble breathing.

The assistant director gave him a pat on his shoulders. “When you get home, do your best to make up with your wife.”

Director, “….”

The restaurant was about ten minutes away from the filming location, by car. The crew’s grandiose arrival naturally attracted lots of attention. The boss at the restaurant was a super big fan of Mo Zhen. When she heard that Emperor Mo would be dining at their restaurant that night, she hurried home to change her clothes. Then, she waited anxiously at the shop.

When Mo Zhen exited his Bentley, her eyes seemed to radiate. She rushed over and warmly welcomed him, “Emperor Mo, I’m so excited that you’ve come to my restaurant! I’ll give you guys a 20% discount tonight!”

Mo Zhen smiled at her. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” After speaking with Mo Zhen, the boss’ was so happy, she seemed to have floated up to heaven. Seeing her idol up close, she felt he was even more handsome in person than on the screen!

When Song Nanchuan heard the lady boss’ words to Mo Zhen, he chuckled and said, “I’m treating today. There’s no need for a discount.”

At his side, Pei Ying pursed her lips. “This boss is obviously Mo Zhen’s fan. What’s wrong with taking the discount?”

Song Nanchuan glanced over at Mo Zhen and said, “I don’t need him to help me save money.”

Mo Zhen laughed. “CEO Song really is imposing and rich.” Then, he helped his wife upstairs to the seating area.

Pei Ying followed Song Nanchuan up the stairs. She couldn’t help muttering, “You must have some kind of illness. They’re willing to give a 20% discount, so why wouldn’t you take it?”

Song Nanchuan retorted, “I’m the one paying. Why would I take a 20% discount because she wanted to see his face?”

Pei Ying was quiet a moment. Then she said, “Chuan Chuan, your CEO demeanor is layered on pretty thickly.”

Song Nanchuan, “….”

A private room upstairs was prepared for the leading actors and the director. The food was delivered very quickly, and the lady boss even brought out the dishes herself. Pei Ying thought to herself that the boss was working pretty hard to catch a few more glimpses of Emperor Mo.

The entire dinner, Mo Zhen was busy helping his wife get food, which caught the eyes of everyone else at the table. Not to be outdone, Song Nanchuan also continuously helped serve Pei Ying food. The director was cruelly dealt another two blows.