Ch 53

With a devout heart, Pei Ying followed Mrs Song to her “secret closet.”

Though she’d called it a closet, it was bigger than the apartment that Pei Ying once rented. There was a large mirror in the room, but most of the space was used to store clothes—clothes of all colors, styles, and sizes, as well as shoes, bags, and accessories.

Everything was organized neatly, by color and style, and even by clothes for children, girls, and women.

It wouldn’t be undue to call it a girl’s paradise.

Pei Ying’s mind went blank as she looked around. She hadn’t expected Mrs Song to be a collector. But why were there even children’s clothing??

It didn’t take long for Mrs Song to address her questions. “Have you heard Nanchuan mention it? I’ve always wanted a daughter, but then I had three sons. Boys aren’t nearly as cute as girls. Girls can dress up like dolls, and they can take all sorts of pretty photos. Ah, just the thought makes me so happy.”

Pei Ying, “….”

Mmh, every girl likes playing dress up. When they’re younger, they play with Barbie dolls, and when they get older… Well, she still played dress up games on her phone… Orz.

But, dressing up real people as a game was a bit…

Mrs Song continued, “Before I had my first son, I bought a lot of girl’s dresses. I was so much looking forward to him being born, to play with me, but he ended up being a boy.”

…Mmh, that must have been very sad.

“But the clothes I bought were so cute. It would be too much of a waste not to wear them, so I still dressed him up in them.”

Pei Ying, “…??!!” What?

“Do you want to see the photos?” Mrs Song asked Pei Ying excitedly.

“…Sure!” Even in such a difficult situation, Pei Ying still maintained her smile.

She must leave a good impression!

Having gotten an answer from Pei Ying, Mrs Song went over to her dresser and pulled out a photo album. “Look. Didn’t he look just like a girl when he was younger?”

…Pei Ying’s brows twitched. Dressed up to that extent, of course he looked like a girl.

“Yes, very cute~” Contrary to the conflict she felt inside, Pei Ying had a bright smile on her face, as if she were truly a kindred spirit to Mrs Song.

Mrs Song continued down memory lane, “Then, before my second son was born, I bought more girl’s clothes. Unfortunately, my second child was a son too.”

Pei Ying, “….”

Wait, had Brother Two been unable to escape her scheming as well?

Indeed. Mrs Song flipped to the next page in her album. “Lao Er was a bit naughtier. He was never still, so photographing him was always so tiring. Thankfully, I got pregnant again.”

Pei Ying, “……..”

There was no need to tell her who the third child was. Her heart ached briefly for him.

Mrs Song said, “At the time, I thought that, after having two sons, I couldn’t possible have another. So, I didn’t hold back with buying girl’s clothes. But then…” Mrs Song’s eyes dimmed. “After Nanchuan was born, I really wanted to switch him with the baby girl beside him in the nursery.”

Pei Ying, “….”

“Fortunately, Nanchuan was the prettiest of them all. He even had a beauty mark, and it was so delicate. So, I stopped taking photos of Lao Er. Nanchuan was the prettiest when dressed up.”