Ch 15. Trying to please

As Pei Ying was reading through the article, Song Nanchuan also found out about this matter from Xiao Zhang.

Xiao Zhang was a bit nervous seeing Song Nanchuan sitting quietly at his desk after reading the article. After a long while, he couldn't help asking, "CEO Song, what should we do about this? Should we make an announcement to clarify your relationship with Ms Pei?"

Song Nanchuan thought for a moment and then said, "No need. If we make an announcement now, won't it be a contradiction later when we really start dating?"

Xiao Zhang, "..."

Wait, did he know something?

He lowered his head and didn't say anything else.

Song Nanchuan tapped on his desk a few times with his fingers. Then he ordered, "But I wasn't the one who helped her get the role of Shi Jing. That point needs to be clarified. Have Universe Pictures put up a post on their official blog that Pei Ying got that role on her own." Then he paused. He laughed as he read the article on his screen. "Is this writer crazy? I bought 2 billion in shares just to get Pei Ying a walk-on? How interesting."

Xiao Zhang, "..."

"I'll take care of it now," he responded politely before turning to leave the office.

Song Nanchuan looked at the article and then grew worried about Pei Ying. He picked up his phone and went to Pei Ying's Weibo to see how the netizens were reacting.

I was wondering how a walk-on as Shi Jing made her so famous. She really had a sponsor behind her.

She used to act so high and mighty. In the end, she's the same trash (smile)

All those people that said her acting was better than our Tao Tao's, do you see now?!

That's enough guys! Get your logic straight before you come disgrace yourself! Shi Jing obviously got famous first and then got together with Song Nanchuan! Were all those fans cheering for Shi Jing that night all fake?? Are you kidding me??

You guys are just bullying my Pei Ying because she has fewer fans (goodbye) Whenever anything happens, you guys just run over to hate on her (smile) Just wait until my Pei Ying gets famous. Then I'll make all of you guys kneel down and sing (smile)

You can't fake TV ratings, can you? She acted really well and she's pretty. I became a fan because of Shi Jing. As for her personal life, I couldn't care less.

Hey, was this navy bought for you by CEO Song? (smile) You're just there to sleep with him, so why the need for damage control? (picks nose)

Song Nanchuan couldn't keep reading the other thousand replies.

Some of those netizens' words were really malicious. They could talk about something completely unfounded with such conviction. He was a guy, and reading these comments were infuriating. How hurt would Pei Ying be to read these comments attacking her?

Xiao Zhang walked into the office and saw Song Nanchuan sitting at his desk with heavy eyes. Unconsciously, it affected him and he grew nervous.

"CEO Song," Xiao Zhang carefully called, worried he was bothering Song Nanchuan. "Universe Pictures said they'd immediately make a post."

Song Nanchuan nodded. "Mm, and get someone to take down this article immediately."

"Understood."

Xiao Zhang was just about to leave when Song Nanchuan called to him, "Wait."

"CEO Song, do you have any other orders?" Xiao Zhang stopped in his steps and turned to look at him.

Song Nanchuan's brows knit together, as if he were troubled by something. Xiao Zhang rarely saw such an expression on him and couldn't help growing curious at the cause of his troubles.