Ch 47

After the booting ceremony concluded, the crew quickly headed into filming. Because Wu Yang opened an internet bar after he left the police, the crew had to prepare an internet bar set.

Pei Ying went to admire the famous Enron Internet Bar from the novel. The set was designed with a lot of detail, and it looked just as the book had described. She couldn’t help snapping a photo and posting it to her Weibo.

[Pei Ying] (Official)
Enron Internet Bar (cool) [photo]

After the fans saw her post, they came to leave their impressions.

“Pei Pei, what are you doing photographing the bar? You should photograph Emperor Mo!”

“Ah ah ah, Wu Yang’s den! Pei Pei revealed it!”

“Users that don’t post selfies are all rogues (bye)”

“Pei Pei, have you seen Emperor Mo?! Is he even more handsome in real life?!”

Before Pei Ying even got through one page of comments, the assistant director called to her, “Pei Ying, let’s go!”

“Oh, okay!” Pei Ying quickly packed her things and got into her van to follow the rest of the cast and crew.

Because the early part of the film didn’t have scenes where the hero and heroine interact, the director split the crew into two teams to film separately and work more efficiently.

The first few days of filming went very smoothly. Even though they filmed for long hours each day, Pei Ying still felt really good at the end of the day. But after the two teams joined back up under Director Zhao, the problems started to slowly leak out.

Pei Ying’s previous roles in TV dramas were mostly supporting roles or cameos. She didn’t have much experience with scenes between the lead male and female characters, let alone have experience working with such famous people. She’d prepared a lot in advance because she would be working with Mo Zhen, and yet, Mo Zhen’s strong aura totally crushed her.

“Cut,” the director called out, frowning at Pei Ying. “Pei Ying, what are you doing? Where’s the loftiness from your audition? Why do you seem like a quail in front of Mo Zhen?!”

“….” Pei Ying bit her lip as she listened to the director scold her.

“Zhao Yue’s a very imposing character. She’s smart. When she’s together with Wu Yang, their colors should match. The way you are now, he could just send you straight to jail! What’s left to act? We should just wrap filming now!”

After Director Zhao’s string of reprimanding, he picked up a bottle of water to drink. “Take a ten minute break. Fix up your condition!”

Pei Ying listlessly walked back to her rest station and her assistant handed her a bottle of water.

“Thanks.” Pei Ying took a sip and then started thinking about filming.

It’s reasonable that an experienced actor like Mo Zhen would be able to slip into character relatively easily. But Pei Ying had insufficient experience for that. Meeting such an imposing actor as Mo Zhen, it was easy for her acting to slip up, to become subpar.

“That’s just how Director Zhao’s scolding goes. There’s no standard, and it’s just about how loud he can be. You’ve already been initiated by Qiao Yichen, so you can’t possibly be affected by this level of scolding,” Mo Zhen said casually, having walked up to her at some point.

Pei Ying was taken aback. She quickly stood up. “It’s not the director’s fault. I just didn’t do a good enough job.” As she spoke, she seemed to realize something. With a chuckle, she looked at Mo Zhen, “But Producer Qiao really is more vicious compared to Director Zhao.”