Side story 2

After the incident with CEO Song’s cute childhood picture passed, The Performer‘s ticket sales continued to rise steadily. At the same time that she heard from Chen Sheng that she’d been nominated for Best Actress, the production team was also invited to a foreign film festival. They were invited to the red carpet event before the film screening as well.

Originally, the director had wanted to register to participate in the film festival, but they’d unfortunately missed the deadline. He hadn’t expected that the organizing committee would reach out to them and invite them as audience members.

Of course they would also be able to show off a bit.

Pei Ying, who’d have never expected to be able to attend a foreign film festival, didn’t know what to think. She was both anxious and excited. Universe Pictures and The Performer accounts posted this news on Weibo at the same time, and the ticket sales for the film came like a waves from two sides.

A lot of fans flocked to Pei Ying’s Weibo to leave congratulatory messages as well. Some even nicknamed her International Pei.

After evening exercise with Song Nanchuan, Pei Ying leaned against his chest and looked to him. “The director told us today that we’d be attending an international film festival next week, and there’s a red carpet.”

Song Nanchuan had heard Xiao Zhang mention this before. He nodded. “Mmh. How many days does it last?”

“The director said we’ll be there for about a week.”

“A week?” Song Nanchuan’s brows furrowed slightly. “Then I’ll take my business trip next week.”

Pei Ying, “….”

And Song Nanchuan really did go abroad on a business trip for a week. He was even on the same plane as the crew of The Performer. Before they arrived to their destination, Pei Ying grabbed hold of him to practice her English pronunciation. She was worried at how disgraceful her English would be.

Actually, because they’d spent their honeymoon abroad, Pei Ying had pushed herself to learn a bit of English. It didn’t necessarily mean that what she studied would always be of use, but it gave her a slight boost in confidence. Moreover, things weren’t the same as when she was in school. Back then, like other kids, she just wondered ‘What good will learning this do for me?’ But now, she really wanted to learn a bit more every day.

After they arrived to their destination, Pei Ying realized that, not only had Song Nanchuan taken the same plane as them, he was also staying in the same hotel. He’d reserved an expensive and luxurious room, which he had Pei Ying stay in with him. The director just laughed and thought about how great it was that they could save on fees for the crew.

Everyone spent the first day adjusting to the time difference. Then, the next day, the film festival began. The crew got ready very early. Because only the film crew had been invited to the event, Mo Zhen and Pei Ying walked in together.

It wasn’t Mo Zhen’s first time attending a film festival like this one. He’d even won an award at them previously. The foreign audience and reporters were rather familiar with him, so as his partner, Pei Ying was also thrust into the spotlight.

Pei Ying was wearing the same outfit she’d worn for her character stills, a red qipao. Only the dress she wore that day was custom made per Song Nanchuan’s orders, and it was even more exquisite than the one she’d worn for the promotional posters. She also had on her favorite pair of red 7cm tall heels.

Her heels put her height at about 180cm. Fortunately, Mo Zhen was just a bit taller than that, so the two looked pretty well matched.

Though no one recognized Pei Ying abroad, her long legs and stunning Chinese-styled appearance were enough to kill off the media’s camera film. Some groups even asked her for more information about her.