가정 교사 *

*Tutor

It's been a week since my evening with Soo Ae

She hasn't called since, and I was afraid she would. Now I'm a little worried, wondering why she isn't phoning me.

I messed up; I shouldn't have yielded. Soo Ae is not someone with whom I can have meaningless sex, and it wasn't like that. The feelings were there, many floating in absolute confusion, and there was also the yearning. I didn't know I missed her skin and scent that much.

In all honesty, I don't know how I felt during or after.

It's not even possible for me to evaluate if Soo Ae noticed how lost I was. After our sportive enterprise, Soo Ae took a shower, and I brought her back to her parents. Soo Ae's wet hair tips didn't go unnoticed as they triggered a cold stare from her mother in my direction.

Her father held me a little to ask me a few questions, which I conceded to since I kidnapped his daughter for a few hours. It's the least I can do. Soo Ae's father isn't an evil man, but women surround him, and protecting them is a priority. Right now, I know he sees me as a menace.

To my surprise, he listened and gave me some advice. I didn't get a bad feeling till I heard doors slam and Soo Ae's mom flies past us with tears in her eyes.

I made up an excuse and left; one thing I know for sure if I choose to be with Soo Ae, it will be over her mother's dead body.

Do you know what's worse than having people against your relationship?

Having parents against your romance.

And as a guy, knowing Soo Ae's mother is against our union, I don't want to pursue. That night was the last if Soo Ae calls, I'll tell her I met someone. I've never tried that ploy with her; it might just work.

As for meeting someone, right now, I'm sitting in one of Gangnam's study cafés. There are many in Seoul, and this one is particularly nice, with its library and selves which touch the ceiling. There's a jukebox playing jazz, a multimedia area, and this beautiful view of the streets, the nosy and busy streets which we can't hear since the place is soundproof.

The student will be comfortable here. I accepted the private tutor vacancy; I'll be perfecting foreigner's Korean. I know it's a girl, and I'm praying she isn't one of those Kpop stans. The institute doesn't give a lot of background info to avoid tutors from being picky. If there's someone who calls off the course, it's the student. If the tutor cancels and puts an end to it, the institute sort of blacklists you.

Her name is Ava.

It's a cute name; I don't know why I imagine a German or Greek girl.

She's late.

My phone beeps with a message:

Unknown: Hello Mr. Kim.

I'm at the Café, where are you?