여사친!*

*A girl who is a friend

I've given lessons in public places before, but never have people stared at me like they are doing now

At first, I thought it was me who captured the customer's attention, but it's Jane.

Okay, Jane is blonde with blue eyes, and it's this cliché thing people have with that. She isn't anything special; her IQ isn't high. I wonder if it even hits in the 90. It's a shame because she certifies the legend about blondes' intelligence. Jane has no interests whatsoever in academics. I'm sure she doesn't even know what she'll do next year.

Jane chose business at SNU because Brad Nixon is doing that. No, seriously, this is the type of girl who makes parents cringe. If Jane were Korean, she would die a spinster. She'll probably die as a single American, but I can understand why Jane doesn't care about the money she has and all there's no need to look for a husband to take care of her.

Studying at this Gong Cha was Jane's idea. I don't know why she picked this place in particular; I could bump into people I know. It's not like I bother, but I hate when people get the wrong impression about our ties.

Sometimes even when you explain, they prefer keeping their misconception rather than accepting the truth you tell them.

"Tae Won."

"Nae."

"Is everything alright?"

Those eyes.

"Yes, why have you finished?"

Jane hands me her notebook, oh, and this writing, someone please help me. Jane's handwriting isn't what one will call refined; it's sloppy. I know she's not interested in academics, but still, writing like this should be prohibited.

What do they teach people in Europe?

When I think of all the families, who indebt themselves to send their sons and daughters to study in foreign countries, my heart bleeds for them.

I've never wanted to study abroad; I might have gone at one point for training. The United States, Germany, Australia, Russia, I could have ended up in one of those countries. Their swimming teams are amongst the best in the world.

"Yo, Kim Tae Won."

I lift my head from Jane's notebook to find Jun Ho sunbae, the guy who wanted to date Soo Ae in high school.

One thing is sure my lesson with Jane will get Soo Ae's ears.

Sunbae pats me on the back, "wow, it's been ages."

"Yeah, Sunbae, how you have been?"

"Good, the national team demands a lot of energy."

"I can imagine," I say with a smile.