바다*

*Pada=Sea

I promised I'd come back with Jane, and so here we are heading for Pusan

Jane is unaware of the reason why I brought her here. It's just an outing at the seaside for Jane; for me, it'sㅡI don't know, something other.

Soo Ae met my whole family, and I regret Jane won't have this chance.

Sometimes I imagine how it would be if she did meet them, but then I think if they were there, she wouldn't be there. Strangely, I can't think of a present with all the people I love in the same vision.

In reality, it's logical; their death is what led me to cross paths with Jane. If they were alive, that route would remain closed.

Dreadful thoughts creep into my head when I ask myself if I could choose, what would I decide?

Would I accept the present I'm living or save my parents and erase everything that happened?

When I look at Jane, I sometimes don't know what to think, and I hate myself because the choice should be simple. Instantly I feel like an unworthy son and brother.

The train will stop in 10 minutes, for the moment I watch Jane sleep; her hair is very red now. I didn't know she had dyed hair. I thought the blond was natural.

This feature makes her face more exceptional, I mean, blonde with blue eyes is common, and yes, I know a redhead with blue eyes common for westerners though there aren't many. For most Koreans and me, it's unique.

Jane is beautiful in her unique way.

I wouldn't have said this three months ago; Jane hasn't changed. It's my vision of her, which has evolved for the better.

Here I realize her face has shrunk a lot; her hand is skinny. Jane never wears tight clothes or exposes her body to me. The most I saw of it was in the pool, and her t-shirt became seethrough for the rest, she had her jeans. The only thing I noticed was an impressive scar on her right arm.

I hope she's eating well since I'm aware of her passive with food. I try to be cautious about making her eat without seeming like a bossy ahjumma, but I'm not with her all the time.

Jane's sleep is troubled; she moves a lot, mumbles, and even shakes.

There are still so many things I don't know about her; what I'm sure of is there are a lot more explanations surrounding her phobias and other pathologies.

If there is something about Jane, which would have worried my parents, it would be her mental health.

Unlike in Western cultures, people aren't diligent about sicknesses like depression. Once diagnosed, people here will hide, not wanting to be ostracized. I know it's the same in some countries, but I think Westerners a cooler about it.

My parents were open-minded, but I doubt they would have been relaxed knowing the person I desire to be with is prone to depression.

It's only now that I'm able to admit I was depressed since my family perished.