ADDICTION

Close

Close.

Open.

Close.

Open.

The first choice I have every day is whether I should open my eyes and live another day or not.

I guess I'll give it another try though my bed is comfortable. I sit up. As usual, I didn't get enough sleep, I felt sleepy at 6:47 AM, and it's only 9: 15 AM.

No one will bother me if I decide to sleep a little more, but if I do that, I'm in for one of the lazy days I hate. Proscrinating for me isn't leisure; it's a scary moment where all my dark thoughts swell up and overflow.

Being occupied is the only solution I've found, and waking up taking a shower is a duty that helps me fight. Seems stupid, right?

But guess what for people like me, the simple gestures are life keepers.

Back in the days, I would have woken up with a pounding headache and half a memory of the events. Mona would call me for a recap and remind me of the tale to tell my parents; because besides being useless, I'm also a lousy liar.

The roles were well distributed; Mona carried the brains for both of us. So I profited from her piggyback.

Just thinking about it makes me sick. How can one attain such a low level of existence?

Anyway, after the phone briefing, I would go downstairs at the time I desired, and my parents, if present, asked me if I studied by at Mona's. That's how easy it was.

Easy.

It's one of the explanations my brain has come up with to explain how I ended up a junkie.

It was simple; now, you see, we're all addicts. We're all hooked on something. The only things people will tell you are some addictions are better than others.

It's wrong to affirm such things. Anything excessively taken is terrible for you.

Fizzy drinks, chocolate, cakes, TV series, video games, alcohol, drugs, aspirin, sex, yes even sex anything done or taken beyond the limits of reason is dangerous.

If it doesn't kill you straight away, it kills you softly.

Sweet, absorbing all the suffering, addictions convince us they are beneficial in a certain way.

So I knew all this when I started my descent, and I had no reason to start drinking or testing these drugs.

I mean, if I were miserable, people would have said, poor child, she's fleeing her shitty life. When you have money, it's different. It's like, oh, she wants to be interesting, rich kids and their fake issues.

And I indeed had no issues. Like I said, it was easy to obtain and fun. Brad and I would end up wasted without reason, at least that's what we thought, but all the therapy sessions I've had since proved the contrary: