FAMILY PORTRAIT

"Jane, look who's here

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Jane, look who's here."

I can't believe it; Abby is sitting in the living room.

"Aren't you going to give me a hug?"

Abby smiles; I know she isn't angry for running away. I advance; she gets up and gives me a huge hug rocking me from side to side.

My sister is such a good-natured person; perhaps she was adopted, I think sometimes. Rebecca and I have twisted personalities; Abby is normal.

"What brings you here?"

Abby hasn't got time to answer as Aina announces that lunch is ready.

We all move to the dining room, where the curtains are pulled back, and the sun is drenching the immaculately white room with its rays of light. Here, I have a better vision of Abby; she seems to have put on weight, the cheekbones once carved with worry by my drama appear plummed up, her natural blonde hair shimmers, Abby shines.

We're crossovers of our parents. She blonde like dad and has green eyes like my mother; I'm a redhead like my mom with blue eyes like my father.

Personality-wise, Abby takes after herself, whereas I suspect one of my parents to have handed down their Pandora's box to me.

"Aidan isn't with you?" I ask, realizing my brother-in-law's absence.

"No, he has too much work, and I wanted to announce this in person.

Please, God, don't tell me they're divorcing.

If they did, I wouldn't forgive myself; my stay with them tore them apart.

"I'm pregnant."

Rebecca drops her fork, and dad blinks three times.

"Abby, that's terrific news," Rebecca yells.

I'm so surprised. Rebecca isn't the kind of person to have intense reactions, no uri [our] Rebbecca usually remains as a garden gnome throw out all the seasons harboring the nameless stony expression.

Does it mean she's happy about Abby's announcement?

Rebecca was against Abby's marriage. I still remember the heated argument as 20-year-old Abby announced just like today she was getting married. Rebecca said it was stupid that marrying young was old-fashioned, and Abby would regret wasting her youth.

Abby, who studied in England, had fallen for Aidan Crawford, a descendant of some British lord or duke. After two years of courtship, he asked her hand, yes, courtship; he's English, let's keep the tale chic.

Rebecca saw red, but what I saw was an escape route, Abby had already fled when she decided to study in England, and this marriage was just another step away from the Austen soap opera.

My mother sought assistance from my father, but he, as usual, just wanted his little girl to be happy consented to the marriage. Ten years later, their so-called doomed marriage is still going secure with its ups and downs and roundabouts.

TRACKSiDEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें