♡)Scarab||Blue Beetle

Summary: (Y/N) had a red scarab on her back which she didn't have much control over. She was bullied all the time by a posse of popular girls, triggering the scarab's already horrible temper and taking over your body, only to be interrupted by none other than Blue Beetle himself.

Key: (E/N) = Enemy's name

           (F/C) = Favorite color

----------------------------------------

You held your books tighter as you walked through the halls of Rio Grande High School. You were the quiet girl in the school. Mostly because you didn't want to hurt anyone. How could you hurt someone? You had a scarab. That's right, so you could transform into Red Beetle.

Someone suddenly shoved you from behind, so you tripped and dropped your books.

You heard laughs and snickers from behind you.

How dare they laugh! We must kill them for their actions!! My scarab hissed.

"No! Don't you even think about it!", I whispered quickly, but loud enough for the people behind me to hear.

"OMG, (Y/N) is so LAME. She has no friends, so she has to talk to herself all the time!", (E/N), the most popular girl in the school, snorted. Her posse giggled and smirked at you.

Nobody moved. Nobody made a sound. You just quietly began picking up your books.

"Excuse me, (L/N), are you IGNORING me, or are you DEAF?!", she spat.

You still stayed silent.

She suddenly grabbed your wrist, twisting it. You winced in pain, dropping your books again.

She smirked, "Nobody cares about you. You're just the STUPID, PATHETIC, DUMB girl that sits in the back of the room."

You trembled in fear, your eyes surfing the room for someone who could save you. No one did. She finally let you go and shoved you to the ground.

She cackled, "Don't worry, there's more where that came from!"

That girl will PERISH! I will GET her if it's the last thing I-

"Enough! We're not gonna kill her!", you whispered as you picked yourself up and grabbed your books from the floor.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"PATHETIC."

"STUPID."

"NERD."

"DORK."

"IDIOT."

"LAME."

"DUMB."

Those were the words (E/N) and her posse spat at you. One of the girls took your backpack and threw it into a nearby garbage can.

THAT IS ENOUGH! I'M TAKING CONTROL! Your scarab hissed.

Your eyes widened, "No! Don't-"

Too late.

The armor began to cover your body. (Like the pic below, it's not mine!)

You could only helplessly watch your scarab take control

You could only helplessly watch your scarab take control. Your hand turned into a plasma cannon and you looked at the now frightened girls.

"THIS WILL TEACH YOU!!!", your scarab bellowed, ready to shoot them.

"WAIT!!", a voice called out.

You turned your head to see Blue Beetle flying towards you.

"Who are you? How did you even-"

"I am Red Beetle's scarab.", your scarab said.

"You're the scarab...? But what about-"

"The owner OF the scarab? I took control.", your scarab said, "Because she wouldn't MURDER these despicable fools!", your scarab said, stealing a glance at the girls.

Blue Beetle sighed, "Give her control again."

You suddenly took over again, armor still on.

"Uh... S-Sorry about that.", you sheepishly said.

"It's ok! Really! It wasn't your fault!", he said.

Then he turned to the girls, "You will apologize to this girl right here, or else."

The girls fearfully exchanged looks and quickly apologized.

He turned back to you, "We'll... discuss this outside?"

You nodded, "Sure."

You both flew out of the school to an empty place and sat down.

"So, how long have you had a scarab?", Blue Beetle asks curiously.

"Um, 2 weeks or so.", you shrugged.

"How did you get it?", he asked.

"Well... I remember I was skateboarding when suddenly I saw a red blob on the ground. I guess I got curious and skated over to it. Then the scarab started to crawl up to my back!", you shuddered, remembering the day.

"What about you?", you asked Blue Beetle, resting your head on your hand.

"Same. I was skateboarding, then an explosion happened!", he said dramatically, making you giggle, "A blue scarab was thrown in front of me. And, being the curious person I was, I picked it up. Then, it crawled onto my back and BOOM! Blue Beetle's origin!"

You laughed, "So, Blue Beetle, you like to skateboard?"

His eyes sparkled, "Sí! You should come with me to skateboard sometime!"

You smiled, then remembered a certain fact.

"Umm... as the Beetle heroes?"

His eyes widened and he laughed.

"Well, no. As us. As people."

You smiled and retracted your armor.

"(Y/N) (L/N).", you smiled, putting out your hand.

He retracted his armor, revealing a Mexican-looking boy. His eyes were a beautiful brown, and his hair was raven-black.

"Jaime Reyes.", he chuckled, shaking your hand.

You both stared at each other before nervously laughing, turning red.

"Y'know, I'm part of a team called... the Young Justice League... you should totally come and join the team!", he said.

You stared at your feet, "I don't know... I mean, they don't even know me!"

"Come on, at least give it a try, chica!", Jaime encouraged, "I'll tell them about you! You'd make a great addition to the team!"

You sighed, "I-I guess I'll try..."

His eyes shimmered, "Finally, I'll have someone who understands what I go through! You know how sometimes your scarab wants to do something, and you talk to it out loud, and everyone thinks your weird?"

You laughed, "I know, right?! Everyone thinks I've gone mad, talking to my imaginary friend!"

You checked the time on your watch.

"Yikes! We gotta head back to class! I'm no getting detention!", you said, standing up.

You grabbed a piece of paper from your pocket and wrote your phone number on it.

"Call me!", you shouted, handing him the paper, then running off to the school.

---------------------------------------

Ok, done! Hope you enjoyed it, please comment, and I'll see you in another chapter! BAI~