☁)Another Time, Another Chance||Nightwing||Part 1

Summary: When you're dating a hero and you don't know of it, it's hard. Nightwing had been missing dates all the time, breaking poor (Y/N)'s heart. Soon, she's finally had enough...

-------------------------

 You slumped in your seat, disappointed. You looked at your phone.

8:56 PM

It's been two hours!! How could he not have shown up?!

You were SUPPOSED to be on a date with Richard Grayson, but guess what?! He didn't show up! AGAIN. Yeah, that's right. AGAIN.

This had happened multiple times already. And this was.. what, the 6th time this month?! Did he even care?!

You sighed and stuffed your phone back into your purse. Obviously he wasn't going to come.

The waiter came by and saw you putting on your jacket.

"He didn't come, ma'am?", the waiter asked curiously.

You shook your head and smiled, "Thank you for being so patient, but I'm afraid he's not going to show up."

You gave him a tip and waved goodbye. You walked-no, trudged out the restaurant door and made your way back home.

As you were walking, your phone rang.

Dick...

You sighed and picked up the phone.

"Hello?", you said in a fake, cheerful tone.

"(Y/N)?? I'm so, so, so sorry! I just can't make it! nother time???", Dick said from the other side of the phone.

Hearing the guilt in his voice, you immediately forgave him for not showing up.

"It's ok, it's ok, Dick.... and it's another, not nother.", you softly reassured and playfully corrected him.

"Uh, HUH... sure... I'll call you nother time and I'll tell you where, k?", he said, using the word 'nother' again.

You giggled softly at his word choice, "Ok... bye, Dick."

"Bye!", he said, obviously relieved, and hanged up.

You smiled to yourself.

Another time then.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

You hummed to yourself as you practically skipped to the movie theater. Dick had promised you another date at the movie theater! He even paid for the movie tickets (even though you had been against him paying)!

You went inside and sat down. You scanned the room, looking for your raven-haired boyfriend.

Oh... he wasn't here yet.

But you WERE 10 minutes early, so maybe this was totally normal!

You closed your eyes, picturing yourself cuddling with Dick while watching the movie, munching on popcorn.

You felt hopeful. He was going to show up! This wasn't going to be the 7th date missed!

Suddenly, the ads started to play. You sat back and stared at the screen.

After the ads finished, the movie started to play. And Dick still wasn't here.

You started to become desperate, not paying attention to the movie at all. You started to stress eat your popcorn, slurping your (F/D).

Halfway through the movie... he still wasn't here. Your hope started to slowly fade.

The movie finally finished... and he wasn't here.