♡/☁/☾)Life and Death||Red Robin

Reader: Death

AU: Life and Death.

Summary: (Y/N) was always lonely because all living things on earth feared her, for she brought death upon them. She one day meets Red Robin, who was Life. How will their stories play out?

----------------------------

  There once was a girl. (Y/N). A kind girl. A girl who didn't deserve what she had. What she had was a terrible curse that couldn't be broken. Everything she touched with just a light tap of her finger wilted away right in front of her.

For she was Death.

And she despised it.

She despised what she could do.

And what it did.

She loved nature and loved the animals that scurried through the grass and ran up the tree. Yet everything was afraid of her, which made sense since she was Death itself.

She lived in a place where there were no humans. She was the only one she knew of.

Everyday she had to live her life alone, which was lonely because she was an immortal soul.

The only joy she found was near a beautiful, sparkling lake with crystal clear water that shined like diamonds.

Water wasn't a living thing, so she couldn't destroy or kill it, and she was happy about it. She went there everyday to clear her mind. For peace. And calm of mind.

She never thought she would see something more beautiful than the lake in her whole immortal life.

But she was wrong.

She one day saw something so beautiful and gorgeous; something she would never forget.

But they were basically worlds apart, maybe even universes apart.

They were two completely different things.

He was the definition of perfection in every way.

The way he smiled.

The way his eyes reflected the green grass.

The way his smile was as shining as the sun itself.

The way his every step left a blooming flower whenever his foot left the ground.

He was Tim.

And he was Life.

He was the essence of nature.

Everyone loved him.

But everyone hated her.

He was adored by everyone.

She was left alone.

See how different they were? Not even the slightest bit alike.

Yet somehow, for some reason, he was nice to her.

Nice.

Even when no one else was.

But whenever he reached out just the slightest bit, maybe to touch her, maybe to comfort her, she pulled away in fear of destroying such a beautiful creature.

So they lived together, yet so apart.

Maybe it was destiny, or maybe it was just plain coincidence all together that she met someone who actually wanted to be there for her at all.

But her heart ached to touch him. But she held herself back, knowing that if she did he would surely perish because of her.

So she stayed away.

But they grew closer each day.

Strangers. Friends. Best friends. Maybe something more?

Her heart was beating every time she say him, which was ironic since she was Death, but moving on the the more important things.

One day, she was sitting near the lake, dipping her feet into the water. She closed her eyes, allowing a small smile to curl her lips gracefully.

Tim saw her, just sitting there, looking completely at peace. He smiled, making his way towards her slowly.

Resting his chin on her shoulder, he smiled up at her.

She whipped her head around in utter shock, staring at him with wide, fearful eyes.

--Angst Ending--

As soon as she blinked, he looked at her with sudden tired eyes.

His skin started to ripple slowly as the slow, burning process began.

Tears prickled her eyes as she watched him as his face wrenched with a sudden pain.

"(Y/N)?", he whispered out, "W-What's happening?"

"Tim... Tim, no.", you choked out.

"(Y/N). (Y/N), if this is the last time I ever see you again, I want you to know.", Tim took a deep breath.

"I love yo-"

And he was gone.

Floating away.

With one blow of the wind.

--Happy Ending--

"Tim?"

"What?"

"Y-You're not dead??"

"Should I be?"

She nodded her head, still head to toe shocked.

He smiled at her, "Well, I'm still here, aren't I?"

"B-But I specifically told you not to touch me! Why risk it?", she questioned him.

"Because you're worth the risk.", he replied, instantly cringing after, "Wow, that was cheesy."

He then noticed there were tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong?", he asked, afraid he had said something wrong.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm just.... so happy and relieved you're here. But how?"

"You're Death and I'm Life, right?"

"Y-Yes...", she nodded, hating to admit it.

"Life and Death need each other to balance each other out. Without you, there's no me. Without me, there's no you. We're connected, (Y/N). We need each other."

She blinked.

A smile tugged at her lips.

"Leave it to the bird-brain to think up of something like that."

"H-Hey!! (Y/N)!"

She giggled, Tim falling into a daze as her laugh echoed in his ears sweetly.

"I love you."

Her head shot up.

He was staring at her confidently, like he knew she wouldn't reject him. So unlike his awkward, quirky side.

"Tim? To be honest I..."

Tim deflated like a balloon that had just been popped, "Oh... I-"

"... love you too."

So in the end, Life and Death are one. They're balance and harmony. Together they are complete.

Because Life cannot live without Death.

And Death cannot part without Life.

------------

Ok, yes, this chapter is shorter this time, but that's because I wanted to at least update SOMETHING since I've already started school and am now lost in the tragedies of school and homework.

Thank you for reading and I'll try to update something more soon! Stay crash!!

BAIIIIIII!!~