☁)What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger||Nightwing

Requested by: ShushGreggory

Summary: (Y/N) always thought she and Dick had a special kind of love for each other, though the image is shattered once she finds that he certainly doesn't think the same way. Meeting him a while after the break-up is bound to leave scars.

Key: (R/N) = Random name

-----------------

--Months Before--

"Dick?", your voice echoed down the hall in your supposedly empty apartment.

Due to your company's success in a new big deal, your boss had let the workers that had put in the most effort take the weekend off from work, and due to the wonderful break, you planned to surprise your boyfriend, Dick, with a dinner-date.

"Richy?", you teasingly called out, knowing he would get all hissy on you when he heard.

To your supreme interest, he was silent. A girly giggle replied to your call, sparking some nervous fireworks in your chest; the bad kind. Well, maybe you were thinking too much. He could just be watching some romance drama...

Even with that thought, a bad feeling rested in your chest. It didn't feel quite right for some reason; that giggle sounded too real.

"Awe, Richard, you're such a charmer.", came a soft voice, though it hit you like a ten-ton brick.

"You're sure she won't come back any time soon?", said the mystery girl as you crept towards the closed door to your bedroom, hands trembling as you stood by the door, listening to their every word.

"I'm absolutely sure, (R/N), darling.", you froze; he only called you darling, "She's at work and I so happen to have a day off, and here we are."

"Why don't you just break it off with her, babe?", the girl cooed while your heart pounded with pain and an overwhelming sense of anger, replaced by the wilting feeling of your heart breaking.

"I will, I will. I promise.", he reassured her, and from the sounds that they were making in there, they were probably making out at the moment.

You choked back tears that were threatening to spill, silently clapping a hand over your mouth while your things fell out of your hands and onto the floor with a light thud.

"What was that?", Dick's alerted voice rang, hushing the girl instantly, "I heard something outside."

The door flew open, leaving your tear-streaked face for the world to see; your world to see. At least, you thought he was.

"(Y/N)?", he whispered out, guilt laced in his words, "I..."

"You know what? Don't explain anything. Please, just take your things and go.", you sniffed and feebly said, but you knew your words were loud and clear.

He clenched his teeth slightly, "You don't have to be so overly dramatic."

Your eyes widened in disbelief, "W-What?"

"I was trying to at least end this a bit better than it could, but you obviously don't want to hear anything I have to say. You're making this way worse than it should be...", said the stupid, stupid man without thinking.

"What are you saying?! This is a big deal, and I have every right in my human body to think this way.", you cried out as your temper rose.